Thread: Ruger Redhawks

Default Ruger Redhawks

I was looking at the Ruger website and noticed they don't list the Redhawk any longer..?????

Must have stopped production or something..............Maybe they are just too far behind in filling orders???

Kinda odd......Any "insiders" on here heard anything??
    "The older I get, the better I was."

I doubt they quit. Whoever runs these factory websites ain't very on the ball, S&W hasn't had the 460s on theirs most of the time since about 2009 but they still make them.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Page 35-36 of the 2013 Catalong...

https://www.ruger.com/dataProcess/catalogRequest.php
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

My guess is RedHawk production is moving to the new factory in North Carolina.

Just a guess. Several positions open at the NC plant on ruger.com slash opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by travelers View Post
    I was looking at the Ruger website and noticed they don't list the Redhawk any longer..?????

Must have stopped production or something..............Maybe they are just too far behind in filling orders???

Kinda odd......Any "insiders" on here heard anything??
    I asked via email awhile ago, and the reply, FWIW, was that the Redhawk was "discontinued until sometime in 2014".
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

It's merely on "vacation" while Ruger get's caught up with the production of the SRH mainly. It'll be back. They don't want something in the catalog that is currently unavailable.

http://www.reedercustomguns.net/foru...x.php?id=65755

"Gary Reeder
    it looks like the Ruger Redhawk is history
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 17:30

I talked to a couple of folks in the know and they said it is gone. So if you want a Redhawk, better get one while you can. Prices will start to sky rocket as soon as the info gets out."

Quote Originally Posted by Whitworth View Post
    It's merely on "vacation" while Ruger get's caught up with the production of the SRH mainly. It'll be back. They don't want something in the catalog that is currently unavailable.
    Again, the Redhawk is still with us. Production will resume again when they get closer to getting caught up.

Again, the Redhawk is still with us. Production will resume again when they get closer to getting caught up.
    I wonder what makes Reeder think he knows something to the contrary?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

I've got 4 Redhawks for sale, get'm before the price increase.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soon to be collector items....

$1200 each ought to be about right...lol.....:-)....

On a serious note.....if Ruger would grind off the big nose on the Alaskan model and put on a 5.5" Redhawk barrel, they couldn't keep up
    with making them......

The picture is from Bowen Classic Arms...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Quote Originally Posted by travelers View Post
    On a serious note.....if Ruger would grind off the big nose on the Alaskan model and put on a 5.5" Redhawk barrel, they couldn't keep up with making them......

The picture is from Bowen Classic Arms...
    What you're saying, essentially, is that they should produce a large framed GP-100 chambered in...44 and .45 (or whatever). Personally though, I prefer the Redhawk frame to the GP-100 design.
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    I wonder what makes Reeder think he knows something to the contrary?
    There are lots of rumors floating around the internet, and this is one of them. I deal with Ruger on a regular basis and I called my contacts and was told that they were simply trying to play catch-up and that they removed it from the site as they didn't want a firearm represented that currently wasn't available.

on a related but separate note, suppose that's why they don't list the 375 ruger Alaskan on the site right now? thought that was pretty weird the other day when I saw that. I agree with the others, they probably just dialed back to produce more semi autos and ar's since that's the hot ticket item still

There are lots of rumors floating around the internet, and this is one of them. I deal with Ruger on a regular basis and I called my contacts and was told that they were simply trying to play catch-up and that they removed it from the site as they didn't want a firearm represented that currently wasn't available.
    Certainly I understand the nature of internet rumors. I take you at your word that your info comes straight from folks at Ruger. And I asked them via email a couple weeks ago too; the answer was "discontinued until sometime in 2014". My only point was that Reeder seems to be claiming his info comes from inside Ruger as well, and I find that curious.
    #Resist