Thread: Winter group training

Default Winter group training

I was wondering if there is plans for another training class like we had early this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I would be interested in this...I have an overly high drive 6 yoa GSD that needs a new hobby, and I could surely use her help getting the birds out of the brush. Is she too old to start training for this?

The training that was put on last year was sponsored by the two AKC retriever clubs. I'm sure they plan to put another on. They typically get started late February or first of March.
    I'm glad to see some winter training interest. Training time certainly isn't over just because winter is here. There is SO MUCH that can be taught during the winter. This training gets you way ahead so that when next summer comes you can focus on other issues than doing a lot of basics. Your dog is only limited by the time you put into it. You'll be amazed what they can learn through proper introduction.
    My retriever training group is already up and running. I certainly could start another for those needing help getting started or trying to advance there retrievers training. My focus is on duck dogs and competition but I have helped many with upland dogs as well. Maybe some of the upland guys could start a upland class at the same time and we could share resources. I'm open to ideas.

Baron

Are there many Chesapeake owners in Alaska?

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

There are at least 5 or 6 of us here. I saw two other's in the marsh this year, and know of one that trains for hunt tests and one that works for agility.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie454 View Post

Default Alaska Chessies

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie454 View Post

We have 3, and live in the Valley.

I'm another guy with a Chesapeake. She just turned 2. First dog I've owned and love her. I think she is smarter than me sometimes. Makes it a little difficult to train. I live in the valley also.