Thread: Ship it

Default Ship it

Were here, in fact Ive been here for a year and the wife and kiddos came up in June doing the great cross Canada Uhaul adventure. But I have a storage facility in Idaho loaded with mounts(stuff from all over the world, some requiring cities tags) and was told by Customs that I would have trouble driving it up. So its sitting there waiting for us.

I don't want to re-hash the "why" didn't you just..........

But my goal this spring is to fly down and crate up the mounts myself and have them shipped by boat to Anch/Whitt from Washington. That way I avoid Customs(everything was legally harvested) and nothing I have is prohibited from crossing state lines.

Im looking for suggestions on companies that YOU used and were satisfied with the experience. While there may not be anyone that shipped a bunch of taxidermy work, there are some on here that shipped their household goods. M

ost of the companies have a terminal in Anch and since Im off on Monday, my plan is to visit with as many as I can.

Thanks in advance.
    Hugh

Lynden has worked with me on lots of stuff. I owuld call freight fwders in the phone book and get some quates. They will want to knwo the dimensiosn and wieght of the crates, as well as the contents. Good luck

What about a DIY on the ferry. Enclosed trailers are easy to sell. The trip is very enjoyable as well, did it 2 years ago.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Time is why.

Check out Alaska Terminals.

Don't know about household goods, but we use AFF for 90% of our business shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk