Thread: Access to DM 766

Default Access to DM 766

Has anyone checked out the Rex Trail to see if the rivers are crossable yet?

Seriously doubt it given late fall... Suspect low chance of them locking up in time at all...

I was flying around on Monday (Nov 4th), just North of the Rex. The Tat and Totatlanika were both open still. Where does 766 cover?

You have to cross the Tat river before your in area. Thanks

Well looks like there is enough snow to ride machines, but like yourself I'm trying to find out about the river crossings. My buddy may fly it for me later today, if he does I'll be sure to post. I'm planning my hunt for this coming weekend. Otherwise, bad year to draw a good permit.

I heard Gold King didn't get this snow and it was +45 over week end. Hard to believe, but it is a crazy November. Please post if you hear more on rivers. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alaskadkm View Post
    I heard Gold King didn't get this snow and it was +45 over week end. Hard to believe, but it is a crazy November. Please post if you hear more on rivers. Thanks
    Well I didn't get the chance to fly today icing issues, but I still plan to head out this weekend. May get back to late to update post, good luck and maybe we'll see you on the trail.

Heading out this weekend. Any word on trail conditions. Couple friends from Healy have been out hunting for several days now.
    I'm assuming rivers iced up good with cold temps. last week.

You don't say where you are crossing rivers at, I would be very careful on any ice this year in the interior. There has not been enough cold yet....

I hope people aren't out killing cow moose on the Tanana Flats. The F&G is blowing it big time by killing too many cows on the Flats....this is pure stupidity. Just because they are dumb enough to hand out permits, doesn't make it right to keep killing cows...don't kill anymore cow moose on the Flats, this is insanity coming from the Dept. of Fish and Game....

For what it's worth. Just got back late last night "Rex Trail" river-s appears to be froze enough for crossing. "Appears!"
    Fresh snow Tuesday night couple of inches, trip out much better then trip in. Trail some areas with no snow.....

Lot of hunters! Think most waited until Thanksgiving weekend.