Thread: Rex trail access?

Default Rex trail access?

My buddy and I were planning to go in on the Rex trail in mid November to access hunt DM766. With the unseasonably warm temperatures I am thinking that access by the end of the month might not be possible via snowmachine.

Has anyone been on/near the REX trail recently? Is it even close to being able to travel via snowmachine?
    Does anyone know if the Tatlanika or Totatlanika are iced over yet?

Thanks,

Todd

I am have been wondering the same thing Todd. This crazy fall is not cooperating for hunts and or trapping.

I think they restricted all motorized access this year. You have to walk in or dog team in. Good luck!

Just flew over both the Tat and Totatlanika rivers on Monday the 4th of Nov. they are both open.

Thanks for the update pipercub!

Northway can I borrow your dogs?

Thank you for the update! Hopefully it gets cold soon and we get some snow up there!

I was curious if anyone had been out since the snow came through. Not sure if it has been cold enough to completley freeze teh Tat & Totat.

Quote Originally Posted by NE to AK View Post
    I was curious if anyone had been out since the snow came through. Not sure if it has been cold enough to completley freeze teh Tat & Totat.
    When are you heading in, I'm going to give it a try this weekend.

We are planning to head in on Thur 11/21 or Sat 11/23. Temps appear to have been up and down so I am unsure if the rivers are crossable by snowmachine yet. It does look like they are gettting a decent blanket of snow. Be safe and keep us posted on conditions if possible.

Thanks,
    TT

Quote Originally Posted by NE to AK View Post
    My buddy and I were planning to go in on the Rex trail in mid November to access hunt DM766. With the unseasonably warm temperatures I am thinking that access by the end of the month might not be possible via snowmachine.

Has anyone been on/near the REX trail recently? Is it even close to being able to travel via snowmachine?
    Does anyone know if the Tatlanika or Totatlanika are iced over yet?
    Any updates on the trail and Rivers? Thanx

Any word on how this area is yet me and a buddy want to try the antler less hunt out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Please take a moment to look this thread over.. this hunt is one the interior groups would love to stop.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ssue-continues
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here