Thread: heated vest

Default heated vest

Now that there are a few options available, I was wondering how many people are using heated vests, and what the favorites are.

I do not own one, they do sound nice but most of the reviews I have read seem mixed. Some of the Quiksilver reviews sounds like the batteries have been failing. Thermalution reviews seem more favorable. It may be hard to switch them on or off with the controller under a thick wetsuit. I also wonder if you will get the published battery life in our cold water.

I've also heard ok things about the Thermalution, and that the battery isn't as much of a hassle as the quicksilver vest. Either way, the price is going to have to come WAY down before I own one. Sounds like there still are not many competitors and it might be a while before they get 'cheaper'.

you can wear the heated vest with a battery in the water? That sounds dangerous. I bring my birksun to the beach but i don't ever submerge it.
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 09-04-2014 at 19:51. Reason: advertising

Be sure you ware it when you go on an airplane............

Not really. There are lots of things that run off of batteries that are designed to be under water. Something like your birksun is not designed to be submerged, so it likely wouldn't be good to do so. Those vests are meant just for being in the water.

They are specifically designed and made for keeping you warm while in the water. The shark attracting electrical impulses are just an added bonus; its like wearing your own E-chip flasher tech :- )

http://www.heatedwetsuits.com

I bought my boyfriend the Quicksilver Cypher Vest for Oregon waters last year. I took it for a test drive in the winter and it held up okay. I got him a medium but it ran pretty big, it felt loose on me. Oh and the battery was also bulky and uncomfortable to paddle with. I think I got it for 100-150. I hear Rip Curl has a flashbomb suit that runs for 1000$ but its heated all over.. worth the investment if you're going to be out a lot. The Cypher vest was okay, but just okay, I think it helped me to last 30 minutes longer than usual. Probably not something I would get again.

HAHAHA, MADE YOU LOOK!!! Lol...
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

boooooo!!!!