Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can i find 10mm Double Top ammo

Default Where can i find 10mm Double Top ammo

My buddy in Anchorage is looking for some 200grn WFN 10mm Double Tap ammo. Any idea who might have some? Thanks for your help!!

Give this guy a shout - he's a member here and a double tap dealer.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...982-akrstabout

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

I ordered 100 rounds straight from DT a few weeks ago. Took about a week

Quote Originally Posted by AKsoldier View Post
    Give this guy a shout - he's a member here and a double tap dealer.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...982-akrstabout

I was, no longer, Double Tap sqweezed me out, not playing their game, gave it up about 2 years ago I think. SW is your best bet, but only seen Buffalo bore on occasion show up there.

Group buy, and barge it up, saves on the hazmat fee, and ups will deliver to barge company of your choice, I had an business account set up @ Carlile. If enough interest, I could probably look into it, will be a bit more not being a business, but they should still recieve and barge it up. Honestly though, my only concern is quality control on DT part, seen some pretty bad ammo come from them. I still shoot and hunt with it, but I even have a handfull of rounds set aside I wouldn't trust shooting at a bear, lead looks wrinkely. Not bashing on DT, but just saying, with the ammo craze and amped production, it may not be up to par. Def the cheapest bear loads on the market tho I have found, not been looking tho either. During the summer I googled them, lots of complaints on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
    I ordered 100 rounds straight from DT a few weeks ago. Took about a week
    Whom exactly at DT did you order through? All my dealings with then directly have ended in disappointment, they absolutely refuse to ship to Alaska.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    I was, no longer, Double Tap sqweezed me out, not playing their game, gave it up about 2 years ago I think. SW is your best bet, but only seen Buffalo bore on occasion show up there.

Group buy, and barge it up, saves on the hazmat fee, and ups will deliver to barge company of your choice, I had an business account set up @ Carlile. If enough interest, I could probably look into it, will be a bit more not being a business, but they should still recieve and barge it up. Honestly though, my only concern is quality control on DT part, seen some pretty bad ammo come from them. I still shoot and hunt with it, but I even have a handfull of rounds set aside I wouldn't trust shooting at a bear, lead looks wrinkely. Not bashing on DT, but just saying, with the ammo craze and amped production, it may not be up to par. Def the cheapest bear loads on the market tho I have found, not been looking tho either. During the summer I googled them, lots of complaints on the web.
    Thanks for the correction. I used to work at SW in Wasilla, and they do sell double tap, but I rarely saw any 10 MM. I bought a box of 180 gr. hard cast double tap in .357 there.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by AKsoldier View Post
    Thanks for the correction. I used to work at SW in Wasilla, and they do sell double tap, but I rarely saw any 10 MM. I bought a box of 180 gr. hard cast double tap in .357 there.

That load smacks the black bears pretty hard! 3 have died the last 3 years by my dads revolver.

Get some 800x powder and load it to norma spec which is 37,000 psi... 14.0gr 800x, 200gr bullet will get you to the original norma spec load 1200fps. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Get some 800x powder and load it to norma spec which is 37,000 psi... 14.0gr 800x, 200gr bullet will get you to the original norma spec load 1200fps. Good luck
    Oh work up to that, and use fully supported chamber... I would stop at 10 myself... But folks with barsto or kkm barrels taking it up a notch..

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Oh work up to that, and use fully supported chamber... I would stop at 10 myself... But folks with barsto or kkm barrels taking it up a notch..
    Blue Dot is what Double Tap uses. Don't meeter the greatest but will give you over 1300fps at SAAMI presure. 10.4g I think was max and I went with 10g under Lee Stoner's 200g for 1240fps from my 6" guns.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Whom exactly at DT did you order through? All my dealings with then directly have ended in disappointment, they absolutely refuse to ship to Alaska.
    I would guess the gentleman does not live up here.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Quote Originally Posted by .338-06 View Post
    I would guess the gentleman does not live up here.
    I gathered that after searching his posts.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

That load smacks the black bears pretty hard! 3 have died the last 3 years by my dads revolver.
    That's good to know, I carry a Ruger SP 101 4.2" BBL revolver as a kit gun when I'm out where brown bears aren't. The Ruger has already accounted for a finishing shot on a caribou.

Premium Member

Group buy, and barge it up, saves on the hazmat fee, and ups will deliver to barge company of your choice, I had an business account set up @ Carlile. If enough interest, I could probably look into it, will be a bit more not being a business, but they should still recieve and barge it up.
    I'd be in for a group buy, but don't know enough to be able to arrange it. DT has several loads that I would be interested in.

Been busy, I don't need ammo, so kinda forgot about this. I would order a box or two though probably.

I would be in for two boxes or so.
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

TO procure the best handgun hunting ammo on the market (includeing for a 10mm with supported chambers) contact UNDERWOOD AMMO. Their ammo performs and at a reasonable cost, plus they ship. Their ammo also chronys out as advertised. http://www.underwoodammo.com/pistolammunition.aspx
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    TO procure the best handgun hunting ammo on the market (includeing for a 10mm with supported chambers) contact UNDERWOOD AMMO. Their ammo performs and at a reasonable cost, plus they ship. Their ammo also chronys out as advertised. http://www.underwoodammo.com/pistolammunition.aspx
    From their website: "We do not ship to the state of Alaska."

Quote Originally Posted by guns_and_labs View Post
    From their website: "We do not ship to the state of Alaska."
    I saw that when I went to re-stock my carry ammo... I LOVE Underwood. Now what will I do?

So is just regular ole 10MM ammo available ??????? Generic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast