Thread: Howard Neimi

Default Howard Neimi

For those of us on this forum that knew Howard. I have the displeasure of letting you know that he has passed. The retriever community has a huge void now. He was a spokesperson of retriever field trials and hunt test. He gave his all in training and at the events. He has helped countless trainers learn the sport... Me included. He will be truly missed and remembered by our training group.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetland Retrievers View Post
    For those of us on this forum that knew Howard. I have the displeasure of letting you know that he has passed. The retriever community has a huge void now. He was a spokesperson of retriever field trials and hunt test. He gave his all in training and at the events. He has helped countless trainers learn the sport... Me included. He will be truly missed and remembered by our training group.
    Very sad day indeed his passing will definitely leave a large void. Only had known him for a few years but was a wealth of knowledge. He didn't beat around the bush when it came to training retrievers. Was a pleasure to watch him work with his dogs. He will be greatly missed by many including myself, wish I could have picked his brain more than I had . RIP Howard
    Jesse
    HR SHR JR's Gunny Dog "Ermey"
    SR JR's Marsh Mangling Mindy
    SR JR's LNR Thicket Thrashing Trixie

Incredibly sad news. Howard was a terrific individual. Sincere condolences to his family.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

While i did not know Howard all that long or well, he was a very good resource. He was very dedicated to his passion and his dogs. When i first got back deployment and was completly green in the working retriever world, he gave me endless pointers.
    I will never forget the first piece of advice he gave. I had just ran my dog and was heading out to replace one of the other bird boys, he snatched the bumpers up and told me to stand behind Baron at the line. He said and I quote, it's great that you are willing to help but you will learn more by standing at the line and watching and listening. That turned out to be very solid advice. We have lost a good friend and resource in Howard. The little time i was around him it was apparent he was a man the commanded great respect in the retriever games. He was very good at what he did and was always willing to help out the new guy if asked.
    Howard you will be missed. RIP.

So sorry to hear about Howard. He will be missed. I trust he went were all dogs go. Duckdon
    Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
    Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel. Training Versatile Dogs because we hunt it all.
    Memeber of the Alaska Warterfowl Association.