Thread: PWS Brownie!!!

Default PWS Brownie!!!

WOW, what a week, scored on my first Blackie and today I scored on my first Brown as well. The rain started two days ago and we have not seen another bear until today. While we were skinning this bear we watched 2 Black Bears on the hill. Rod is still looking. So far Bears 4 Rod zero. I ask if he wanted to go up after them and he said he had had enough for one day. Learned that they can take the lead. The bear was on his back doing the dying cockroach and we started doing the Ole high 5. Well, Mr bear saw us and wanted to make us lunch. I promise you I had no problem giving him another 20 bucks worth of Barnes X bullets. Thanks Rod you made it happen. We are done yet, Chris got here today and he wants a black bear too. Hard to beat good friends and good weather. PWS is such a pretty place. We slept on my little Wolly, but she is hunting hard we have put over 300 miles on the boat and caught halibut, shrimp and killed both brown and black bears. No where else on earth. I LOVE ALASKA.

Steve

Mark

Nice bruin!

Congrats on the double score!

Congratulations!!! You sound like a very happy camper! J.

Default dude

keep it up. looks like your mods are working well. Wish there were more brownies on the Whittier side without having to go way way out. Glad you are having fun. Will be back out myself this weekend. Congrats on your two firsts. Have a good rest of your trip. Chris

Default Prop Job

Yea after 2 years with the jet in the salt, I had enough. Man with the prop and electric jack plate I can jack the motor up and hit the back of bays others are not getting to. My Wolly only needs 12 inches to float and my 25 hp kicker jet does the rest. Sleeps 2 nice and dry and she brings home the bears. Had my Brownie sealed today. Not a monster but a nice bear. 21 14/16 skull and 6.5 feet boar. Heading back out today with Chris he wants a Blackie. Hope everyone was a great long weekend. 500 miles in 7 days, what a place.

Steve

congrats!!! Nice boat! What does she burn / hr.?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Thumbs up Awesome!

Great job...Nice bear...love hunting those little coves....

Default Dark

I saw the hide yesterday. I was suprized how dark he was. Good job though. Not many taken from that area at all.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Color

He is really dark chocolate with blonde tips. Like to thank Rod for helping me. You made it happen guy!!!! Here is a photo my the great hunting partner and friend that I met on this forum. Thanks rod.

Steve