Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with this photo ?

Default What's wrong with this photo ?

Sad...... Friend sent me this photo today from Fairbanks

PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Didn't your friend send you the story that went with it? http://www.newsminer.com/features/ou...9bb30f31a.html
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

The real sad part is to post the photo so anti-hunters can use it to paint all bowhunters as cruel and inhumane.

Christ. Even the moose youth are getting into piercings. Whats next? Wolf tattos?

Quote Originally Posted by Boud'arc View Post
    The real sad part is to post the photo so anti-hunters can use it to paint all bowhunters as cruel and inhumane.
    Yeah, it's a real bummer when something we do gets documented. That just isn't fair, huh?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

This moose was hunted, shot, wounded, by a legal hunter. F&G knew who the hunter was. Why couldn't the hunter still finish off the animal? Does the responsibility and ability to recover wounded animals end when the season ends? Does the degree of the wound play into if the hunter can recover the wounded animal after the season ends?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Didn't your friend send you the story that went with it? http://www.newsminer.com/features/ou...9bb30f31a.html
    Nope but thanks for the link

Maybe it was his Halloween costume
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Its crazy on the news miner people were saying that the guy should be thrown in jail.... Its ridiculous, the guy called and told F&G the day it happened. They did sedate the moose and remove it BTW for those who don't know. Since we were not there with the guy who shot the moose we can never know what truly happened to make the terrible shot, but regardless of the guys "Archery skills" he goes down as an ethical hunter in my book because most probably would have chalked up a loss on the arrow and said nothing. Its sucks for the hunter, but the moose is able to live for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    This moose was hunted, shot, wounded, by a legal hunter. F&G knew who the hunter was. Why couldn't the hunter still finish off the animal? Does the responsibility and ability to recover wounded animals end when the season ends? Does the degree of the wound play into if the hunter can recover the wounded animal after the season ends?
    I say the Moose has been through enough, arrow in the snout, dart in the aze....he deserves to tell his story.

Pretty sad reading the comments on the article and seeing how uneducated some people truly are about guns, bows, and hunting in general.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielApplin View Post
    Pretty sad reading the comments on the article and seeing how uneducated some people truly are about guns, bows, and hunting in general.
    There are a bazillion people out there that have absolutely no concept of what it takes to hunt and kill an animal. And for a lot of them because they attach human type feelings to an animals "feelings", sense of pain, they will bad mouth what they don't understand.

I once had an urbanite gal from a big CA, city tell me that I was a "real survivor" because I lived without running water and used and outhouse for awhile.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    And for a lot of them because they attach human type feelings to an animals "feelings", sense of pain, they will bad mouth what they don't understand.....
    At the root many critters and humans share feeling.It how humans are raised and by what beliefs we get feelings as humans..A dog and a man limp for the same reason.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Looks like a decent rebuttal RE: Having an Archery Hunt in Kincaid.

Like it or not, image and perception are easily ruined for hunters with photos like this.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Looks like a decent rebuttal RE: Having an Archery Hunt in Kincaid.

Like it or not, image and perception are easily ruined for hunters with photos like this.
    Well played, sir.

Alas, perception is a real *****.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by DanielApplin View Post
    That fella Rex has to be trolling. Who could be that ignorant?

If he truly is not trolling, and is actually sharing his personal beliefs, thats ok too, but I think the proper thing to do in that case would be to have him humanely put down. Just in case its a contageous brain disease.

(I might be kidding.)

1) the archer requested permission from scale & fur to continue trying to complete the harvest on this bull. (even after season closed)
    2) someone there on College rd (Fairbanks) refused the request- the moose was observed feeding and in their opinion was not "seriously" injured.
    3) the only reason the bull was tranqalized instead of enthusanized was "public" concern and input
    4) the broadhead was left in the bull's nasel cavity- which leaves the posibility of infections down the 'road' for this moose
    5) the 'net has a lot of photos of "misguided" arrowed deer, including stories of "obviously attempts at poaching"

I agree that as hunters, we really don't need more high profile "bad hunter" stories.
    We need to balance this out with stories of John Smith taking his child out for their first __ (insert here-grouse, hare, deer, moose, caribou, reindeer, duck, heck maybe even mouse or vole) hunt. And Nobody got hurt.
    But, we are a proud bunch of folks, most raised up not to brag on their own accomplishments. So we continue to have an unbalence scale in the public eye.

My soapbox this AM.

Chris

I got some empathy for the guy. My first bow moose ran 400 yards after a double lung and the second I wounded with the first arrow. The second killed it in place, but bow hunting carries a greater risk of wounding or difficult kill in my experience. But it's also more sporting in many ways and your skill level increases like gun hunting. I feel for the guy. It's pretty horrific to watch your arrow go off its mark....
    “I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. “ Fred Bear

Looks pretty simple as far as what happened, quartering away shot, moose hears something behind him and turns to look at whatever he hears and shot goes wide. Boom arrow in face. Sucks but once the arrow is released there is no goin back.

Would it be wrong to go after this guy on the 21st November with my bow he likes to hang out down on creamers field .

Quote Originally Posted by uh60baldwin View Post
    Would it be wrong to go after this guy on the 21st November with my bow he likes to hang out down on creamers field .
    I say go for it! No more worry if his nose will get infected from leaving that broadhead in him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast