Thread: Any one use one of these

Default Any one use one of these

Was looking at options to get my ATV in my boat and was wondering if anyone has tried using a truck crane. lloks like you can get one for $200 and they lift 1000lb so should be suffcicient to lift my ATV I would think. driving it on and off the boat does not seem feasbale and more of a pain than its worth.

If you plan to mount this on the boat I see many problems coming.If you plan to mt to a truck then how do you plan to unload at the other end of the boat trip?If you plan to mt. to the boat you will have a problem to get enough support for it and when you swing it over the edge of the boat more than likely it will tip the heavy side under water?????????

I can't see anything being easier than ramps. I just tie the front and back up parallel to the bank and drive in/out.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling Slayer View Post
    I can't see anything being easier than ramps. I just tie the front and back up parallel to the bank and drive in/out.
    Do you use two sets of ramps, or do you just always try and find a bank that is pretty much level with the top of the sides of the boat?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I have 2x6's that I secure inside the boat at an angle and then load with my truck ramps.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"