Thread: Nov. 1 and no snow.

Default Nov. 1 and no snow.

Well definately an odd year. The beggining of the season is here and there is no snow even forecasted for 20B. I havn't even been motivated enough to go look for sign on the line withou the white stuff. I'm kind of wondering what other people's plans are for the opening of the year. start setting gear by foot, or wait for more ice and snow so they can get around?

I don't start setting till after Thanksgiving when the fur is prime and I'm sure we will have snow by then....................
    I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

Our season here in IL starts Nov 5th - however its pouring down rain and has been for 24 hours with a lot more on the way. Some areas have had close to 4 in of rain - around here that means mud, mud, and more mud - no way to get a canine line going - raccoons are doable but lots of walking and 4 wheelers use - not sure my old body can take much of that abuse! May wait till Thanksgiving week also hoping it either dries up or freezes up. Temps supposed to be about 40 tonight... Oh well, more time in the deer stands I reckon is not a bad thing!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

here in 17 we tend to not have any or much snow the first week or 2 of season. I generally walk some short lines in places that aren't worth taking the snow go into during that time to keep me busy and to get some fur onto the stretchers
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

AAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDDDD snow

Got a whole inch of snow and everybody is getting their snogo's ready, kids have been racing up and down the road all day lol. Saw some lynk and marten tracks today just a few more weeks to go..................
    I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

Quote Originally Posted by thunder chicken1 View Post
    Got a whole inch of snow and everybody is getting their snogo's ready, kids have been racing up and down the road all day lol. Saw some lynk and marten tracks today just a few more weeks to go..................
    Still raining down here on the banana trees......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!