Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: She's here!! Going to be a long winter!!!

Default She's here!! Going to be a long winter!!!

Last edited by AK6Pack; 10-30-2013 at 11:23. Reason: Changed the way pic was inserted

Default Picking her up at the Port

Beautiful Boat! One day I will be able to afford something that nice!

It's going to be the longest winter of your life.

Is that the 240 or the 260? The 240 PE is on my hope I can save enough for it someday list....

Dewey's told me at the sport show at north mall that Hewes doesn't make the 240 in PE only PC.....

Please elaborate on your build options and how you are going to outfit her. Maybe I can live a little vicariously!

Yup I feel your pain ,I at least got to spend a couple hours on the lake before I had to winterize.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Is that the 240 or the 260? The 240 PE is on my hope I can save enough for it someday list....

Dewey's told me at the sport show at north mall that Hewes doesn't make the 240 in PE only PC.....

Please elaborate on your build options and how you are going to outfit her. Maybe I can live a little vicariously!
    Hewe's makes a 240PE, but not with the extended cabin, and stand up head. AK6pack must have the 26.

http://www.hewescraft.com/files/4113...icExplorer.pdf

AK6pack, I envy your boat, but not your wait! Have fun getting her ready this winter!

First things first. Pick up an EPSAR D4 and get it fired up. That will make your winter much more enjoyable while you are hanging out admiring the new toy.

Congrats.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Of course the D4!
    Trim tabs too. Will never have another ocean boat without em.

What kind of radar and gps,sounder are you going with. Nice boat .
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanap View Post
    It's going to be the longest winter of your life.
    Yes it will. But plenty of time to get her outfitted properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post

26 PC ET Got the 156 gallon tank, rear hydraulic steering station-probably going to change up to run the kicker. Plan on the D4 install. Garmin 4212 with HD 18 radar.
    Probably have lots of hours sitting in the boat making boat noises and casting the dog toy tied to my rod across the yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    First things first. Pick up an EPSAR D4 and get it fired up. That will make your winter much more enjoyable while you are hanging out admiring the new toy.

Congrats.
    This is a must....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    Of course the D4!
    Trim tabs too. Will never have another ocean boat without em.
    Yep, I got the trim tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    What kind of radar and gps,sounder are you going with. Nice boat .

Garmin 4212 with HD 18

Electra Dyne pot hauler ??? Nice boat by the way.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by AK6Pack View Post
    Congrats on the new boat! Hope to see you on the water next season.

What a Beaut!! Like the color choice too, same as my '07 Alaskan 26' Actually, I think it is better to have the boat now, with time to contemplate, rig, and check it over...get it when the water in open and it is easy and normal to just get out there. So in addition to adding gear, you need to check what is there. I don't know what Hewes is doing now, but when I bought my new boat, the first thing that was a problem was the washdown hose kept running in spurts when turned on but not being used. What causes it was a cheapo nylon fitting to the hose connection, that barely made it through the transom wall, so it leaked. Tried to tighten, and with only 2-3 threads available, it popped off. Replaced that plastic with a good brass fitting, problem solved. If you are trying this out now, re to drain the washdown hose so it doesn't freeze up, another rookie mistake I made.

They give you extra boat keys...the door key is soft brass and easy to break if you let someone else use it, the doors fit well but that can make the lock tight unless you push in on the door a little. Only Hewes can replace the keys, I found out, so call and order some more if you only have two door keys.

Last thing: check ALL of the electrical connections. Some may be barely tightened and will jiggle loose and cause all kinds of problems. I replaced many of the auto type, bare connectors within the transom with marine grade shrinking connectors, as the bare ones began to corrode after a couple of years, not where the connector and nut are, but where the wire goes into the connector. A dab of dielectric grease on these connections now may help them last much longer.

Sure like the look of that boat...and that swing-down swim step, makes it easy to access when on the trailer, and hopefully you won't have to use it to get back in the boat on the water if you fall in...however, there are a few AK crazies on the forum, like Spoiled One, that jumps in PWS every summer, and even teaches his children and guests to do this Is that step standard or and option?

Can't see your motors, at least 150's I hope! And...think hard about that pot-puller! I use my bow windlass to pull pots, but you don't have that option without a lot of pulleys going to the stern deck. If I had the bucks, it would be a no-brainer to get that electradyne and a nice swing-away davit!

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    Electra Dyne pot hauler ??? Nice boat by the way.
    Will have to do some thinking about the Electra Dyne, but will definitely get with you on some pots!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Ron View Post

They give you extra boat keys...the door key is soft brass and easy to break if you let someone else use it, the doors fit well but that can make the lock tight unless you push in on the door a little. Only Hewes can replace the keys, I found out, so call and order some more if you only have two door keys.
    They did only send two door keys but they aren't brass so hopefully they will be a littly sturdier.

Last thing: check ALL of the electrical connections. Some may be barely tightened and will jiggle loose and cause all kinds of problems. I replaced many of the auto type, bare connectors within the transom with marine grade shrinking connectors, as the bare ones began to corrode after a couple of years, not where the connector and nut are, but where the wire goes into the connector. A dab of dielectric grease on these connections now may help them last much longer.
    Thanks for the tips on things to check.

Sure like the look of that boat...and that swing-down swim step, makes it easy to access when on the trailer, and hopefully you won't have to use it to get back in the boat on the water if you fall in...however, there are a few AK crazies on the forum, like Spoiled One, that jumps in PWS every summer, and even teaches his children and guests to do this Is that step standard or and option?
    The step was an option but we are so glad we got it already. Yeah I showed my kids a picture on here of Spoiled One jumping in. Probably actually a good idea to have them bail in that way if they ever had to jump they would know a little of what to expect.

Can't see your motors, at least 150's I hope!
    Well, we ended up going with a single Honda BF250. We haven't decided what kicker to get yet.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickL View Post
    Congrats on the new boat! Hope to see you on the water next season.
    Can't hardly wait!!!

Can't wait to get over there and drool on it!

Awesome!!
    BK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast