Thread: DM541 Unit 16B Youth Moose Hunt?

Default DM541 Unit 16B Youth Moose Hunt?

Anyone else see this? I am all for youth specific hunting opportunities but donít understand some of the rules attached to this one.

Eligible applicants: Resident youth who are 10-17 years old during their assigned hunt period. Each permittee must be accompanied in the field by a licensed adult at least 21 years old. Bag limit counts against the bag limit of BOTH the permittee and the accompanying adult. Permittees and accompanying adults must wear hunter orange vest. Hunter education requirements apply.

Why must the adult be 21 instead of 18?
    Whats with the hunter orange vest?
    If the youth drew a tag why does it count against both their bag limit and that of the adult?

I was looking at the non youth hunt version, I bet will be a hard one to draw.
    Those do seem like some weird rules to me especially the hunter orange. I bet making it count against two bag limits is to limit the number of applications

Quote Originally Posted by DanielApplin View Post
    I was looking at the non youth hunt version, I bet will be a hard one to draw.
    Those do seem like some weird rules to me especially the hunter orange. I bet making it count against two bag limits is to limit the number of applications
    I am curious how many are going to apply for the other 16B moose hunt. The access on that one is somewhat limited to people with boats or planes.

I would guess hundreds of people will put in for that tag considering the amount of traffic Deshka landing sees, plus close friends of all those users.
    There must be a lot more moose out there to give that many any bull tags? I will put In but not to worried about drawing or not since three brow tiners are everywhere out there.

I would guess hundreds of people will put in for that tag considering the amount of traffic Deshka landing sees, plus close friends of all those users.
    There must be a lot more moose out there to give that many any bull tags? I will put In but not to worried about drawing or not since three brow tiners are everywhere out there.
    100's is better than 1000's

Ya for sure but even if a thousand people put in it will still be decent odds with a 150 tags. Deffenatly is very limited to even boats considering the size of the area. We all know the guys with airplanes need to have it made easier on them to get a moose

Ya for sure but even if a thousand people put in it will still be decent odds with a 150 tags. Deffenatly is very limited to even boats considering the size of the area. We all know the guys with airplanes need to have it made easier on them to get a moose
    Thats it we need to pass a new rule banning the use of airplanes so the rest of us have a fair chance.

Is this a proposed hunt for next year or am I missing something.

Yes it's a new hunt for next season