Thread: DM733 Chena Antlerless Moose Hunt

Default DM733 Chena Antlerless Moose Hunt

My daughter drew the the DM 733 Chena antlerless permit hunt. Anyone have any experience with this hunt, any intel?

Thanks,

Ero

I proxied a tag in the same area, early season last year

only "hunted" about 5 minutes, there was a cow standing right at the border of the AO first time went in.

There is a lot of vehicle trails on the left side of Chena Hot springs Road. including several dry sloughs.

this late in the season, I personnally would be hesitant about using a river boat,...

Good luck
    Chris

Thanks Chris, we are hoping it will go as smoothly as your hunt. Going to make a little family vacation out of it and sit in the ho springs as well. Ero

We just got back from hunting the south fork unit on chena rd just below yours. We only hunted two days but didn't see a thing except an old gut pile. We talked to a guy who was hunting cow with a four wheeler in your unit and he said he had only seen two bulls. Not trying to discourage you but just passing the info we found. I got the feeling it has been hit incredibly hard and other animals aren't moving because there was no snow as of Saturday. Good luck, we had a lot of fun, despite not harvesting anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Please be careful, that road gets blackice bad, add the drunks and tourist and you have a recipe for disaster. I see cows about every time I drive to the HS, so they are there. Might just be off the road due to the pressure. It seems that weekends have more hunters so maybe try during the week if possible.

Good Luck
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

We are headed up Thursday, meeting my father in Fairbanks. IF nothing else the family will enjoy the hot springs, that I am sure of. Would be great to see my daughter bag a moose. Ero