Thread: Winchester Model 42

Default Winchester Model 42

I have a Model 42 that I was thinking of getting some work done to. Is it worth it to get it re blued or should I leave the patina on it and keep passing it down to the kids? We still use it bird and rabbit hunting and it shoots good but the plate on the bottom that holds the shells in is weak and sometimes doesn't come down far/fast enough to keep the shells in the tube. I end up pulling it down with my finger. Now this doesn't happen all the time just every now and then. Anyone around do good work on these?

They run from about $750.00 up to thousands of bucks. I would have a proper shop rebuild and refurbish it.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by GAredneck View Post
    I have a Model 42 that I was thinking of getting some work done to. Is it worth it to get it re blued or should I leave the patina on it and keep passing it down to the kids? We still use it bird and rabbit hunting and it shoots good but the plate on the bottom that holds the shells in is weak and sometimes doesn't come down far/fast enough to keep the shells in the tube. I end up pulling it down with my finger. Now this doesn't happen all the time just every now and then. Anyone around do good work on these?
    Andy/ AD Fields does good work.

You can send him PM.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.