Thread: Sight options for a 375 Ruger??

Default Sight options for a 375 Ruger??

I got lucky and found a stainless Ruger Hawkeye in 375 Ruger. The gun has a 20-inch barrel and express sights......almost the perfect rifle in my books......however it shoots about a foot low at 50-yards, and the rear sight is not adjustable for elevation. I dont want to scope this rifle and I like receiver sights. The only receiver sights I can find that will fit this gun are the NECG aperture sights. They look to me to be to 'blocky'. Are there any other sights out there that will fit this gun?? I dont have easy access to a gunsmith so even drilling and tapping would take some time. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

I have the NECG aperture sight…I've used it on two .375 Alaskans and a Ruger RSM .416Rigby.

Very good product and a perfect match for the Alaskan short of pure custom. I'd prefer a larger aperture but you can always modify the existing one or leave it out altogether.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    I have the NECG aperture sight…I've used it on two .375 Alaskans and a Ruger RSM .416Rigby.

Very good product and a perfect match for the Alaskan short of pure custom. I'd prefer a larger aperture but you can always modify the existing one or leave it out altogether.
    Do you have their new ghost ring sight or the older model?

Quote Originally Posted by yukon254 View Post
    Do you have their new ghost ring sight or the older model?
    Mine is the older model.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

The front sight should be in a dove-tail and could be replaced with a shorter front sight blade which would raise the impact point. This would be a faster and easier fix than replacing the rear sight.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    The front sight should be in a dove-tail and could be replaced with a shorter front sight blade which would raise the impact point. This would be a faster and easier fix than replacing the rear sight.
    that would be the way to start......
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

If you do not want to replace the front sight with a lower one then file down the rear sight blade. I believe NECG sells replacement front sights.

The front sight on mine looks to be pretty low already....I think its the shortest they make. Im going to order the NECG peep and some new front sight beads.

Probably already have the problem fixed……BUT I had the same problem. Call ruger. There are 3 sizes of rear leafs for that gun. They'll ship you the taller (or whatever a guy needs) leaf.

Worked for me.