Thread: Black Shale White Sheep

Default Black Shale White Sheep

Just got my copy and watched ; spellbound for 90 minutes. That bio and the guides sure know there stuff!
    wes

I agree, great video! The bonus feature about judging sheep legality is some great info too.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Is there anywhere to pick this up in a store locally? I'd prefer that to ordering. I'm in Wasilla.

AZinAK

Quote Originally Posted by AZinAK View Post
    Is there anywhere to pick this up in a store locally? I'd prefer that to ordering. I'm in Wasilla.

AZinAK
    I have a copy you can borrow Chris, or you can buy it here. I believe it is at SW as well.

http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/sto...roducts_id=585
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    I have a copy you can borrow Chris, or you can buy it here. I believe it is at SW as well.

http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/sto...roducts_id=585
    Thanks for the info and the offer Steve! I'll check out Sportsmans and see if they have it. This burning desire to go sheep hunting is making all other hunting slowly fade away. I'm becoming obsessed and I haven't even hit the mountains yet!

AZinAK

Thanks for the info and the offer Steve! I'll check out Sportsmans and see if they have it. This burning desire to go sheep hunting is making all other hunting slowly fade away. I'm becoming obsessed and I haven't even hit the mountains yet!

AZinAK

I'm well beyond obsessed, I know I will try to crawl into the mountains again next fall. Welcome to the disease my friend!
    Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    I'm well beyond obsessed, I know I will try to crawl into the mountains again next fall. Welcome to the disease my friend!
    Lol...yes it's way beyond just a hunting bug!...
    "Mountains are not fair or unfair, they are just dangerous" ~ Reinhold Messner

AZinAK
    I can't believe you dont' have this DVD already, it's been out for years .....

This DVD can be deceiving...it already proves that Fat guys are better sheep hunters than skinny guys, and also a better shot....so try and gain a few pounds this winter if you can, and spend alot of time at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post

This DVD can be deceiving...it already proves that Fat guys are better sheep hunters than skinny guys, and also a better shot....so try and gain a few pounds this winter if you can, and spend alot of time at the range.
    That's hilarious! My 5' 10" frame holds 160 pounds as of now. I need to gain about 40 pounds of fat to be in sheep shape from what you're describing! I've better stop doing this high intensity training and running...counterproductive if I'm going to ever get a sheep! All joking aside...one of the biggest rams I've ever seen harvested was by a friend of mine that doesn't look like a lean mean hunting machine. He's short and stocky but shot a mid 40" ram, and this after multiple other mature and large rams the years prior. To be honest, the hardest part for me is picking where to go. Hopefully I draw a tag so it will at least narrow it down. Your wife's sheep is a beauty and I'd be more than proud to ever harvest one like that. Congrats again to Mrs. Chuck.

Chris

Hey now,, I resemble that remark.
    Founding Member

We do have that video in the store AT THIS LINK (thanks, Steve!), and we ship everything Priority, so it gets to you pretty fast. Orders are shipped from Anchorage.

The price is $19.95 and we are running a 15% off pre-Christmas sale in the store. It just started and will run through about the middle of November. If you order online, use the Discount Code: EarlyBird, otherwise you might not get the discount! We have a number of orders in there where the folks forgot to use the code, so we are reimbursing them 15%. Save us the work! If you call in your order, let Icebear know you want the discount! Her number is 1 (907) 895-4919.

Thanks!

-Mike
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 10-27-2013 at 16:55. Reason: added discount code
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Ordering from Mike is easy & painless. If you really MUST buy in person Marc at Wiggys in ANC usually has it.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

For real. I have watched it 20 times and I still cant believe that big boy pulled off that hunt. He looked to be a chest grabber waiting to happen. Many guys on here have said surviving a sheep hunt is mind over matter and that is a prime example. Also shows what an awesome and adaptable guide Rick French really is. I have talked to him many times and he is a super nice and knowledgeable guide. Being booked 4yrs out tells ya something. Great video.