Thread: On the bay

Default On the bay

Took a boat ride the other day on Womans bay. I got a late start and decided to take advantage of the glass smooth conditions and the low tide to explore some new spots and glass the bay for birds. After I burned up enough gas I decided to throw out a quick spread, I pulled in close to shore inside a point that is very close by. I really wanted to get some pics of the boat, and mess around.

It was very slow going, had two small harlequin hens land in the spread, I let them pass. It was funny to see how close they got to the boat before realizing nothing there was right. It made me feel good about the boat and blind, as well as my so so decoy paint jobs. One hen came in from my blind side and landed between me and my first decoy which was real close, that bird did a touch and go very quickly.
    IMG_1909-vi.jpg

I usually pull up close to the rocky shoreline of any of our little outlying islands and anchor up. It never looks this calm so I got out and took some pics. The boat blind works great for the ducks out in the bay and still allows me to use the grass rails when I hunt up in the marsh.

IMG_1952-vi.jpg
    Of course, once I got out to take pics......you know. But a cool pic, just wish I was holding a better camera.

Heres a couple harleys from the other afternoon. Went out at the crack of noon on Monday to explore during the low tide. Even though it was mid day there were plenty of birds flying.

Attachment 74691