Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY sitka blacktail deer and Mtn goat hunt out of Lodge special

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default DIY sitka blacktail deer and Mtn goat hunt out of Lodge special

The Old Harbor Lodge is offering a crazy starting low price of $2250 per person for those who want to pursue blacktails and Mtn goat out of our lodge with transport out and back daily. We have access to private property for the deer hunt and both goat units 476-480, includes all food at lodge, transport out and back to lodge everyday. Fishing and duck hunting can be added daily for $175 per person per day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

I don't know if any of you have checked these guys out, but they are definitely on my list! Excellent goat hunting on Kodiak right now, and this is the perfect time for a deer hunt out there. And I have been watching their fishing reports for a couple of years now. Excellent place for kings all through the winter, and halibut too! I can't think of a better, more accessible combo trip than the short hop from Anchorage out to Kodiak, then on to Old Harbor for a great time!

Has anyone out there been with these guys recently?

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Wow, that does sound like a great deal. I wish I could take some time off from work right now. I would be very tempted to take this offer. That is a heck of goat in the picture too! How many days does this package include? Just curious? Do you provide transportation to the lodge from Kodiak?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Wow, that does sound like a great deal. I wish I could take some time off from work right now. I would be very tempted to take this offer. That is a heck of goat in the picture too! How many days does this package include? Just curious? Do you provide transportation to the lodge from Kodiak?
    x2...any other info?
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Default 2012 buck

Of coarse there is a catch, $2250 is for a BOOKING OF 6, normally $3850 per person. $2650 per person if you have less than 6 in your party, Arrive Monday morning hunt that afternoon and Tues, Wed, Thur, Frid, and depart Sat morning. transport to lodge is not included but only a 30 minutes at $200RT. If 6 book we will cover Kodiak/Old Harbor RT airfare.
    www.kodiakcombos.com

That is a heck of goat in the picture too!
    Yep nice goat. Looks like cotton jeans for both hunters pictured. Not what I'll called prepared for Kodiak . . .

Quote Originally Posted by L. G. View Post
    Yep nice goat. Looks like cotton jeans for both hunters pictured. Not what I'll called prepared for Kodiak . . .
    I hear you, but... That's the nice thing about staying at a lodge; the boat picks you up later in the day and while you're relaxing with friends, your wet clothes are thumping around in the dryer!
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

??? It never rains or blows on Kodiak.......and if it does, you have a nice warm Cabin to go back to!

True True Mike, I've been hunting the last two years from behind my house in the Juneau area, easy to get sopping wet inside and out when there's a hot meal, a cold beer and a clothes dryer waiting for you. I've got a trip to POW coming up with 4 guys in 2 wall tents off the grid for a week and I am still at a loss on how the heck I'm gonna stay truly comfortable clothingwise if the weather sucks.....which it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    I hear you, but... That's the nice thing about staying at a lodge; the boat picks you up later in the day and while you're relaxing with friends, your wet clothes are thumping around in the dryer!
    And your not carrying a spike camp up to hunt goat, I never heard of a spike camp until I had this goat hunt I was dropping off to go up for goat, as I handed him his pack as we boarded the raft, I said man that is one heavy pack! do you have goat in it already? Then he told me about his spike camp in his pack. I suggested he just dump it out and plan to harvest the goat and come back down. HE took it and then came back that evening with his goat, crazy. We always have fire going back at the lodge, dry heat and boot driers are handy.
    www.kodiakcombos.com

One of the last goat hunters we had spotted his goat from the great room at the lodge! We dropped him off the next day and he showed up later that day with his goat. I have a husband and wife arriving in Nov for her second attempt on Mtn goat, he has harvest several goats here every year probably for the last 5 years? or more, he says he is done shootin them but now his wife wants one.
    www.kodiakcombos.com

how late in the year do people hunt this? i know Dec 15 476 ends and 480 goes until march. Can hunt deer until 31 dec but when do bucks drop. antlers?
    NRA life Member JVJ

I was going to take my son to POW for some deer hunting. Dang it all Jeff, I may need to hit the rock for some deer-n-goats instead.

Will you let me shoot sea otters off your boat?
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    I was going to take my son to POW for some deer hunting. Dang it all Jeff, I may need to hit the rock for some deer-n-goats instead.

Will you let me shoot sea otters off your boat?
    LOng as your coastal AK native, we dont have many to shoot at. We can have antkers stick into federal season an they can start drpping em as early as mid dec.
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    I can't think of a better, more accessible combo trip than the short hop from Anchorage out to Kodiak, then on to Old Harbor for a great time!
    Unfortunately that's usually the deal breaker for me. They charge (what I call) a fortune these days for a rt flight to Kodiak. Along with the $200 rt to the lodge added to the price of the hunt, well, to me that gets a bit too spendy real fast......at least to me anyway. To hunt from a boat for that price isn't bad at all, but it's the other costs added on that ends up making a difference. I do appreciate that it's a goat hunt as well instead of just deer. That would definitely take the sting out of it quite a bit.

I must say that I can't believe that somebody doesn't do charters to Kodiak from Homer. I would think they'd be busy as hell this time of year, and probably a lot more affordable for us down here on the Kenai....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

5 goats low this morning in 476, we were loaded for duck should of had rifles! this a picture of 3 that came lower on our way back, they were on top that little knob on our way out.
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Try using air miles. You can get round trip from Kenai for 10,000 air miles. That's a steal for 10k miles. 550$ value.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Unfortunately that's usually the deal breaker for me. They charge (what I call) a fortune these days for a rt flight to Kodiak. Along with the $200 rt to the lodge added to the price of the hunt, well, to me that gets a bit too spendy real fast......at least to me anyway. To hunt from a boat for that price isn't bad at all, but it's the other costs added on that ends up making a difference. I do appreciate that it's a goat hunt as well instead of just deer. That would definitely take the sting out of it quite a bit.

I must say that I can't believe that somebody doesn't do charters to Kodiak from Homer. I would think they'd be busy as hell this time of year, and probably a lot more affordable for us down here on the Kenai....

Looks like a ton of fun. 6 eh.. hmm..

Default Mtn Goats not in mountains!

Low enough for you? Spotted these goats while doing some R&D with underwater camera. The goats are skylined where cliff meets grass.
    www.kodiakcombos.com

KER SPLUSH lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast