Thread: Tripod

Default Tripod

Does anyone have any Tripod recommendations? The one I have now is outdated and takes too long to deploy.

Quote Originally Posted by dbooth View Post
    Does anyone have any Tripod recommendations? The one I have now is outdated and takes too long to deploy.
    A tripod good enough to be worth owning will outlast several cameras. That's a good perspective to have when the price tag of said tripod makes you gulp.

The prices have gone up, but Thom Hogan wrote the classic article on how to buy a tripod some years ago. http://www.bythom.com/support.htm

Take that serious too!

Whatever, if you'd like discussion, tell us what you want to do with a tripod and sort of reference it to Hogan's article. I'm sure there will be recommendations from the flimsiest frail thing called a tripod to some of the tank support systems! (I'd suggest support for only medium size tanks...)

Quote Originally Posted by dbooth View Post
    Manfrotto 055XPROB is quite a popular tripod. But in addition to this tripod you will need a head for it. I used a ball-head (Manfrotto 496RC2), but it took me some time to get used to it since I have always preferred pan-heads on my tripods.

I got a good deal at Amazon for $149.00, but the price has gone up as you can see here:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...um_Tripod.html

Got an older Manfrotto myself with a newer Vangard ball head.
    It's a decent setup and relatively inexpensive.

The best tripod I have ever owned can be found at amazon for under $100 dollars. Very sturdy. Built very well. Built by Ravelli. You definately will not go wrong.

http://www.amazon.com/Ravelli-APGL4-...ywords=tripods
    If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.

I was recommended and have the Manfrotto 055XPROB and like it but its a bit heavy but very sturdy. I use a Giotto(sp?) head after numerous recommendations say the Manfrotto heads dont hold in extreme cold. The 055 is nice and tall and the xprob can pivot out and you can use for a macro also. Dont buy cheapo junk. and have to buy again or have it fail and damage your camera. I have heard good things about the Ravelli too.

The ravelli tripod I got was the first time I have ever felt I got much more than I paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.