Thread: Photography Website

Default Photography Website

I am interested in making my own website featuring my photography, anyone that has done this, could you give me some pointers on how to get started? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dbooth View Post
    I am interested in making my own website featuring my photography, anyone that has done this, could you give me some pointers on how to get started? Thanks!
    The possibilities run all over the map. You can find sites that provide templates and allow you to build from those. Or of course you can just post to a hosting site. And at the other end of the spectrum, if you are a programmer at heart you can design your own site with custom HTML code. All have advantages for different people, and each seems less than viable to someone who favors a different way.

What do you want a website to do? Show pictures? Sell pictures? Be a bit glitzy? Be efficient? Does it require a fast connection, or will it work for a 2400 baud modem? Will you have only photography? Do you want slide shows, specific sections by some criteria such as style, subject, date or equipment, or something else?

Lots of decisions! Lots of possible discussion points too.

JAlbum is a very easy to use free program to get you started. There are many others as well.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

here is smugmug, its a pay site, check out the home page.
    http://ericmoss.smugmug.com/Other/misc/25734925_Xdv3FX
    "f/64 and be there"

"f/64 and be there"

Photobucket has free storage and capabilities to make photo albums..as well it has a premium site.

Quote Originally Posted by EMoss#83 View Post
    here is smugmug, its a pay site, check out the home page.
    http://ericmoss.smugmug.com/Other/misc/25734925_Xdv3FX

I like the features that smug mug has as well. totally expandable into whatever you might want it to do. good customer service and straight forward control panel. just my $ 0.02. happy weekend and it is nice to see some action and discussion going on here again.

My smug mug space.

Bruce
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.