Thread: marlin extractor

Default marlin extractor

while removing the bolt from my 336 marlin ( in .338 marlin express ) i dropped the bolt onto cement and " dinked up " the extractor. inspecting the damage it appeared to have burred the extractor, so it was stoned for repair. using a dummy it seemed to work fine, now however it won't extract fired cartridges.

will a standard 336 extractor fit this bolt? i leave soon for an elk hunt and want to change it out, soon.
    happy trails.
    jh

Unless your rifle is a conversion I think your model is 338MX of some variant, like the 444s and 1895s a 336 that is slightly altered for larger cartage.

The normal 336 extractor should fit the bolt but will need opened up to fit the larger 338MX case head diameter. But itís a tricky thing properly fitting that hook as you just found first hand, itís extra critical on the high pressure hard to extract rounds like that.

I spent a bit looking for the proper part and didnít find one ether so likely it will need to be a 336 part with some fitting work. Kid does tons of Marlins so may know where to find the right one if he doesnít have one sitting on the shelf. 907-344-4500
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

thanks andy !
    happy trails.
    jh