Thread: Wounded Warrior Caribou Hunt

Thumbs up Wounded Warrior Caribou Hunt

Hello guys, this is my first post ever, I have had allot of fun reading everyones post and hopefully some day I will be able to share as much wisdom as many of you have on here. Anyway, I am a wounded warrior stationed at Wainwright (about to retire), my disabilities are quite minimal compared to what they used to be. I still have all my limbs, but I have a titanium plate in my skull... I was lucky... we will leave it at that........ I was hoping to find out if anybody on here is planning on going on a Caribou hunt, with a rifle. I have all my own gear, But I have know idea where to go. Everyone just says go north and if you are using rifle. walk off the road 5 miles.... I got that much. But, Alaska is a pretty big place and I was hoping for a little bit better details. Im also hoping I can find a party to go with. Perhaps? I have seen many people jump on this sight and ask where the animals are and get ridiculed for asking such a blunt question with an obvious answer. I am not asking for a grid coordinate. Just an area that someone who may need to take the easier path.

Please let me know if anyone is planning a hunt, or knows someone. Thanks.

J.C.

Thank you VERY MUCH for your dedicated service to our country. Hope you find the right guy or group to lead you on this hunt.

Your too new to get PMs, so send me an email and i will send you my number. Will give you some ideas.

Thanks for your service.

Steve
    Last edited by stid2677; 10-22-2013 at 10:57.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Mods... can one of you perhaps bequeath JC with the appropriate PM privileges.

I'm certain folks can give him a bunch of ideas to get on a caribou if they had a way to message him.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post

I'm certain folks can give him a bunch of ideas to get on a caribou if they had a way to message him.
    Mods can't do it, takes admin privileges.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Thanks everyone, stid Im sending you an email brother!!

J.C.

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post

Done. Thanks for the suggestion.

J.C. listen to Steve closely he will point you in the right direction, good luck!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    J.C. listen to Steve closely he will point you in the right direction, good luck!
    that there is good advice...

Here's some more..

Listen closely to the guys Rob( bronco) hunts with.. and you'll learn what NOT to do..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Have some buds headed up on the 3rd... Shoot me a pm and i can link you up with them... They are a bunch of mp's though...

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post

Here's some more..

Listen closely to the guys Rob( bronco) hunts with.. and you'll learn what NOT to do..
    That's the best advice given!

Thanks for your service,Salute
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

J.C. Thanks for your service, like many have said take Steve up on this one, he is the man to get you headed in the right direction... Thanks again and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post

Here's some more..

Not only on what not to do but where not to go as well! That is unless you want an adventure?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Not only on what not to do but where not to go as well! That is unless you want an adventure?
    That was a successful hunt, it just got a little damp.

Lots of good info. Thanks guys, I think I am going to go up with Texas Boy and Dakota boy. They seem to have the same plans as I do. However the November timeframe looks like its going to be eventful. However, what could go bad in 3 days??... said no experienced Alaskan hunter, EVER!

This is me with my 275lb Bear last month.... By the way anyone know how to set a pic as your profile pic? Or does that take privileges too?