Thread: Nils hand augers?

Default Nils hand augers?

Does anybody in the Fairbanks area carry them, and if not is there someone in Alaska?
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

When I bought mine 3 years ago, There were no Nils dealers in AK. The Canadian dealers wanted a $200 "Alaska/Canada handling fee". I tried Cabelas since they told me they could ship it for free- then they canx my order due to the fact that the supplier would not ship it to AK. I ended up calling the guy in (Maine I think) who imports them. I told him of my dilemma and he hooked me up by shipping it through the post office. His name is JP but I don't have his number anymore. If you can find him give him a call and see what he can do.
    I never once regretted spending the extra money on my Nils. I bought the powerhead to go with it and it regularly cuts 24 inches of ice in 17 seconds... LOVE IT
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

there is one of the NILS for sale in for sale in this forun under Ice augers it is only 6 inch but still a Nils with 2 other augers

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    there is one of the NILS for sale in for sale in this forun under Ice augers it is only 6 inch but still a Nils with 2 other augers
    Six inches is a very good size for a hand auger. Any chance you can get that to Fairbanks?
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time