Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F***ing theives, guns stolen!

Default F***ing theives, guns stolen!

Just found my trucks were broken into on Green Forest Dr, between Palmer and Wasilla, last night 10/20-21
    Stolen were two pistols, PLEASE keep an eye out for either one of these;

**Makarov 9x18 blued with worn down finish on the front of the barrel area from sliding in/out of the holster. This gun is 15-18 years old.
    **Smith and Wesson, .380 pocket sized, HAMMERLESS, blued with dark wooden grips, 2 years old.

Reward if recovered.
    BK

There is a group on facebook called Stop Mat-Su thieves. Might be worth joining and posting there as well

Will do, Thanks.

Also took neighbors truck across the street Friday night and went hrough their connex's.

At my place they hauled up 5 gallon gas cans to the side of the road to steal but for some reason did not load them......irks me to no end someone was in my yard and in my shed behind the house while the family was sleeping.

BK

Disgusting my brother, hope you find em. Do you have photos of your pistolsto share? May help if someone posts pics on the web. I will keep an eye out for you in FBX.

Default Pics

Pics from web, look like these though.
    Smith was a 38 special.

BK
    Attached Images Attached Images

BK lives two doors down from a property I own so I feel violated too. Wonder how much an inferred (sic) camera would cost with a motion detector? Was wanting to put a shed with building material on my property and I am now not so sure. Sorry, my auto correct does not fit my fat fingers, on spelling. A mounted motion detector might be the answer also but only after the fact. Maybe some buried bear traps might also be the answer???
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

System going in ASAP whop.

Obviously a little late but will try to deter it from happening again.

Turns out all this happened on Friday night the 18th around 2-3AM.

BK

Sounds like this crap is going on all over the valley lately! I have been told it has been really bad a little North by some people I know with the AST.

Sucks to hear of this happening I sure hope you recover your guns and they catch the people responsible for this.

You've probably already done this, but make sure you report serial numbers and info to the AST. They can put the data in the system and if they find them during a routine investigation, you may get them back. At the very least, if used in a crime you have a record of them being stolen.

Does DLP cover dirtbags like these?

Sorry to hear about this kind of crap Don't leave anything of value in your vehicle, even if it's sitting in your driveway. A trail cam might work, but maybe not as well as the more costly motion detecting & recording cameras, both may be affected when it gets real cold. A large barking guard dog or two works well, ( even if it's not an overly aggressive one, they just need to bark when someone shows up ) at least you would be alerted to an intruder/trespasser/thief.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf1 View Post
    You've probably already done this, but make sure you report serial numbers and info to the AST. They can put the data in the system and if they find them during a routine investigation, you may get them back. At the very least, if used in a crime you have a record of them being stolen.
    Done, cops were at the house this morning to take a report. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearbear View Post
    Sorry to hear about this kind of crap Don't leave anything of value in your vehicle, even if it's sitting in your driveway. A trail cam might work, but maybe not as well as the more costly motion detecting & recording cameras, both may be affected when it gets real cold. A large barking guard dog or two works well, ( even if it's not an overly aggressive one, they just need to bark when someone shows up ) at least you would be alerted to an intruder/trespasser/thief.
    Dang dog didn't alert as she should have. Trail cameras were off since family was home.
    New security system will always be on though, lesson learned the hard way.

BK

What kind of system you going with, I have been wanting to do the same. On a side note my neighbor scared off a truck that was parked by my boat last night. Trail cam will be watching tonight and my truck is now parked in front of the boat.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

That really sucks!! I had a 4 wheeler stolen about 4 yrs ago reported to police. Never seen it since. Been thinking about cameras too. What kind you looking into?

The .38 looks like the one above except it has SAFETY STRAP on the back of the handle like a Kimber.
    You must squeeze this strap to release the internal safety. It's rather unusual and should stand out if your in a pawn shop or see it.

I'll PM those that asked about the security system.

Anyone have any good references on German Sheppards? (Anyone need a lab?!)
    BK

Sorry to hear this, hope you get them back. Lots of theft going on in the valley it is really sad. Haven't had any in my area of the valley but sure is possible so I keep everythign locked up and have game cameras and driveway sensors set up to alert me in the night if there is someone creeping around(usually get moose that trigger it).

Sorry to hear about that.

Maybe, but dirt surely does!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast