Thread: Elliott Highway question

Default Elliott Highway question

Today I was up the Elliott with some friends chasing grouse around and decided to give a couple howls on my dan Thompson. After two howls I heard a howl back about a mile or so away but my buddy decided to talk at the same time so I couldn't tell if it was a yote or a wolf. Has anyone seen yotes up that far?

yep called one in night calling on a full moon up the elliot last winter unfortunately i shot low and missed him by about five feet with the 22-250 went out on the snow and checked out his tracks could see where my bullet hit i was dead on just short

Hmmm that's interesting. I wasn't sure there were many or any up that far because I have never heard or seen any up the Steese. I thought it was a coyote that howled to me up there but figured I would ask. Sorry you missed that one last winter, I know how that goes.

I have seen them way north of the yukon river while going bou hunting

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool45 View Post
    Today I was up the Elliott with some friends chasing grouse around and decided to give a couple howls on my dan Thompson. After two howls I heard a howl back about a mile or so away but my buddy decided to talk at the same time so I couldn't tell if it was a yote or a wolf. Has anyone seen yotes up that far?
    I see them all the time on the Dalton and Elliott.

There are wolves everywhere up there, I happen to see a lot of sign in the Tolovana Valley.