Thread: Something to think about before buying your next handgun

Default Something to think about before buying your next handgun

I buy "QUALITY" And I don't care what country produced it. You want to keep jobs in America, everyone from the janitor to the CEO needs to care about Quality.

I always look for American made stuff, and believe me, that is hard to do! I'm willing to pay a little bit more. I also try to find stuff made by a non-union factory if I can, because I believe the unions are largely responsible for outsourcing.

Outdoorsmen are some of the worst. Look the the high dollar hunting outfits first made here then shipped overseas without price decrease and to be in style it flies off the shelfs. Same with hunting boots where most of the highest cost ones are built right next to the sportsman guides twenty five dollar junk boots,the American made boots many from Montana sit back and scratch their heads as their boots are often abit cheaper than the big name china boot. We have German boots and knifes that get alot of play here and folks say Germany ain't China and I say correct and they also don't have to tell you their boot or knife was made in China like American companies.
    Anyone shopping Wallmart adds to the downfall of America.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

AGL4now, you don't say much about yourself in your profile? I've ofter wondered why some people do this? What's up with this?
    Steve

How about just dropping the taxes on American businesses. That would probably bring them all back. Taxing business just forces business to raise their prices to maintain a profit. The consumer pays the tax. The business just passes that tax on to the Govt. So, any time you stick it to big business you are just taxing your self. So, let's drop taxes on business and get our companies back and their workers back to work here in the US. Many folks here can't afford to pay any more for there goods as they are already underwater. Dropping business taxes would drop the price on goods to where US goods wouldn't cost more than foreign goods. You want to make up the difference for the taxes, put the taxes on foreign goods.

I agree but, doubt the Democratic(in power now) party does.
    Steve

Yup Buck that is what Iíve been saying for 20+ years. We penalize American businesses with tax, regulation, and red tape then give free rain to imported goods. Big business loves this because they just outsource to bypass this and get richer, little guys canít compete being saddled with all the BS heaped on them by their own government.

Level the playing field, tax the snot out of imports and reduce the BS level at least for small to mid size outfits. Have you seen the air in China? That mud is making itís way all the way to Alaska now. Tax imports from places that abuse the environment and their workers even more than stuff coming from those countries that are more responsible.

In double quick time investments will be made in America, jobs will come back here, huge conglomerates will start to diversify into many smaller more nimble businesses. We get America back!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

The democratic party and at least half the republican party has been taken over by the progressive party which is just the communist party renamed to make it easier for the uninformed voter to swallow. Most taxes are just a way to remove wealth from the working class to give to the nonworkers to buy votes. Once there are enough nonworkers selling there votes for a govt handout to outvote the working class, our country is gone. We are close now. Fixing our country is simple but the progressivies don't want it fixed and niether do the nonworkers. Buying American is fine but many things are just not made in the US especially electronics. I bought a Rossi 92 in 454 Casull because there isn't an American one made and if there was it would cost 3 times what I paid for the Rossi. I don't mind paying a little more for US made but I'm not a rich man. Actually, I don't think anyone makes a 92Win in the US including Winchester. American business is going overseas because of taxes and regulations, both easy fixes.

rbuck351, your badly misinformed. Ruger SRH comes in .454 and competively priced. You have poor information about the American political parties as well. My guess is your not even American, maybe a anti in drag?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
    rbuck351, your badly misinformed. Ruger SRH comes in .454 and competively priced.
    Steve
    Steve itís you that is mistaken here.
    A Rossi 92 looks like this
    bDSC_0001a.jpg 

A Ruger Super Redhawk looks like this
    DSC_0001.jpg 

Iíll not address the other issue.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Well, one of is certainly misinformed about the political system. Maybe you are one of those uninformed voters. I know our current administration is anti American Constitution and I'm anti current administration so take that to mean whatever you want. And , I'm pretty sure there are no US made 92 carbines especially anywhere near the $370 I paid for mine. Also it's a well made gun.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    Well, one of is certainly misinformed about the political system. Maybe you are one of those uninformed voters. I know our current administration is anti American Constitution and I'm anti current administration so take that to mean whatever you want. And , I'm pretty sure there are no US made 92 carbines especially anywhere near the $370 I paid for mine. Also it's a well made gun.
    370 for a 454 Puma?! Blue or stainless? Barrel length? I really like mine.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    370 for a 454 Puma?! Blue or stainless? Barrel length? I really like mine.
    He said 454.

I have a 480 SS on my rack I just finished fixing, just about rebuilding acutely. I love the Rossi 92s but this one was the worst machined and assembled one I ever set eyes on. Itís up an and running good rifle now after a lot of work. I donít think Iíd buy a 92 in 480 after working on this one though, just kinda pushing the size limits of the action a bit much to make it digest 480 properly.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

It's a 20" blue and I think it was used but you couldn't tell by looking. I think someone bought it and fired a few rounds through it and took it back to the gun store. I'm shooting the Lee 300gr (actual about 318gr) with a case full of lil gun for about 1950fps. And yeah I like it a bunch even though it does kick a bit. When I bought mine there was a stainless one there as well but it was about $125 more. and my friend bought it. There was a 480 version as well and although I don't remember the price for sure I believe it was about $425. Yeah, I think the 480 is pushing the physical size a bit. Would have liked to have it as well but the money ran out right after the 454.

Yes it is, next time you see a 92 in 480 crack it open and look closely at the bottom of the chamber. To make it feed that fat 480 they ramp the mouth of the chamber some (like a Glock) leaving the case head unsupported. Also makes it easy for the case to move down and spit off the extractor if itís not tuned just right. I suppose at 480 pressures that unsupported chamber works fine but the reloader in me just donít like it. Only way to bend the fat case around the corner into the chamber within the action length though.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
    rbuck351, your badly misinformed. Ruger SRH comes in .454 and competively priced. You have poor information about the American political parties as well. My guess is your not even American, maybe a anti in drag?
    Steve
    Not cool, dude. Just...not cool.