Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Furuno sonar/gps plotter under 800 bucks !!

  1. #1
    Sponsor potbuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    4,229

    Default Furuno sonar/gps plotter under 800 bucks !!

    Just saw this on THT that Furuno has slashed prices(under $1000) on their GP1870F & GP1670F
    the same fish finder as the FCV587, plus you get a chart plotter. That's a pretty amazing deal for a Furuno unit. Both boe & semperfifishing Gil have them at special prices. All you need to add is a chart/chip for 189 bucks. If i didn't already have 2 Furuno machines on the boat i would be calling first thing in the morning.

    Alaska Shrimp Pots

    Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    Just saw this on THT that Furuno has slashed prices(under $1000) on their GP1870F & GP1670F
    the same fish finder as the FCV587, plus you get a chart plotter. That's a pretty amazing deal for a Furuno unit. Both boe & semperfifishing Gil have them at special prices. All you need to add is a chart/chip for 189 bucks. If i didn't already have 2 Furuno machines on the boat i would be calling first thing in the morning.
    I was pricing the 1870F last week and found one for $713 and a several others close to that. Too bad so many sites promote an appealing price but charge $80 for ground shipping a 5 lb. box. Would also have to spring for a transducer in addition to the chip. Do you have thru hull transducers or transom mounts for your units?

  3. #3

    Default

    Those look like a heck of a deal.

  4. #4
    Sponsor potbuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    4,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    I was pricing the 1870F last week and found one for $713 and a several others close to that. Too bad so many sites promote an appealing price but charge $80 for ground shipping a 5 lb. box. Would also have to spring for a transducer in addition to the chip. Do you have thru hull transducers or transom mounts for your units?
    i have one thru hull and 1 shoot thru the hull ducers, no transom mounts for me. Give Gil a call i bet he'll give you a good rate on shipping.

    Alaska Shrimp Pots

    Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

  5. #5

    Default

    Just got off the phone with Gil, very helpful and a quick tutorial in transducers! Apparently the garmin transducer that West sold me is crap and really for freshwater use. So again another trip to return something that I shouldn't have and will get a p66 transducer and although it won't match a thru hull for performance, it should be better than what I have now.
    What I really want is my 2001 Lowrance that has the 50 buck transom ducer that reads 480' clearly at 25 kts. Sigh. Determined to make the brand new stuff work though and it should.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    i have one thru hull and 1 shoot thru the hull ducers, no transom mounts for me. Give Gil a call i bet he'll give you a good rate on shipping.
    Trying to figure out if I even have room for a thru hull. Would having a ducer close to a pump cause a problem? I have pumps in the 2 outboard wells but could probably fit one in the port well It would be right next to the pump, though. The 2 smaller inboard wells have been covered but it wouldn't be too difficult to resurrect one of them. That would give me about a foot from the nearest pump.

  7. #7
    Sponsor potbuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    4,229

    Default

    ya still have to get them in clean water, i think if you put it in the outboard wells it would read to many bubbles. Mine are fairly close to my keel. On my bowpicker i just 5200 a regular thru hull ducer on the inside of the hull and let it shoot thru the bottom, it worked fine. Glass in a box close to your keel fill it with antifreeze and stick in your new ducer.

    Alaska Shrimp Pots

    Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

  8. #8

    Default

    Well shoot...I emailed Jeppesen to be sure of which chip I needed and they said the Furuno 1870f requires the new 4D card NA-D028. I haven't researched it much yet but they appear to be in the $300 range. Sure wish I could get my Lowrance transducer to work better. It was installed exactly per instructions and I lose the bottom at anything above 12 mph. I've adjusted the ducer angle both up and down and depth in the water...my initial setting gives the best performance. Shouldn't be a problem on my flat bottom skiff with no keel.

  9. #9

    Default

    Too late to edit previous post...I did find that NA-D028 chip in the $190 range as potbuilder originally stated.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •