Thread: Honda 250 hrs and fuel usage ?

Default Honda 250 hrs and fuel usage ?

Looking at getting a honda 250 single for my 22 seasport. so far I am leaning toward that engine just wondering how many hrs people are getting out of them and what kind of fuel economy they are getting.

I am really interested in hearing from people who are running a single main of that size.

I know some of the history about the honda 225, but from talking to people it who not be the best for my boat..

thanks for any info

I'd be more concerned about how the boat can handle that much weight on the stern.

Quote Originally Posted by 270ti View Post
    I'd be more concerned about how the boat can handle that much weight on the stern.
    I believe the 250 Honda is one of the power options offered by Seasport.
    There is also a Volvo Penta option and twin 150 Honda option.
    So I think the weight is not an issue.

I run a 24ft SS Explorer with a single Yamaha F250. I get about 2mpg (12.5-13.5 gl/hr), Cruise speed 26-28 mph. I think a 250 would be great on a 22 fter. If I would have to repower today (only 400hr on my F250) I would put a 300 hp or bigger on mine. Have fun shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    I believe the 250 Honda is one of the power options offered by Seasport.
    There is also a Volvo Penta option and twin 150 Honda option.
    So I think the weight is not an issue.
    I guess I should have asked the year of the hull. I'm sure the new Seasports couldn't handle them, no problem. I was thinking it was a repower. I know some guys with 22' glass boats went 6cyl 4 Stoke, and went right back to the DFI 2 Stroke engines because of weight issues.

Yes it is a repower project in the planning, but one I am going to be putting a bracket the adds addtional floattion to the boat. This will be the same bracket that seasport is currently putting on their boats now. two My 99 seasport is no differnet than the current seasports comeing off the line just looks like it has been used. So I dont think I will have any problems.
    but thanks for the comments

For those that need to know...
    Suzuki 250AP = 615lbs
    Honda 250 = 600lbs
    Yamaha 250 = 608lbs
    Verado 250 = 662lbs

The old story that Hondas can weigh a BASILLION POUNDS comes from the FIRST 4 STROKE OVER 100HP since then the weights are ALL very close.