Thread: Fairbanks south to banner creek moose hunt help.

Default Fairbanks south to banner creek moose hunt help.

So I drew Dm 783 it's a hunt along the Richardson highway from about north pole south to banner creek and it's limited to 1/2 mile either side of the road. I got here last night from the peninsula and hunted hard all day with no sightings of any moose and very little sign anywhere we hunted. Is anyone familiar with this hunt or section of road and is there any of it that has a higher concentration of moose. It's an any moose tag so I'm just looking for one moose to fill the freezer.
    Thanks

Sent while hiding from the boss

Rut, Rut and Rut lots of Moose along the road at the start of season now not so much they be gathering and doing what Moose Do this time of year. Wish I could give you better advise but they moved hard about 10-12 days ago. Same with the Parks Till about 10 days ago I was seeing animals reg. No Not so much.

I think luck and karma will have to play into this hunt for you... Set the cruise for 52 mph and crank up the tunes. You may place yourself near the flats south of the Salcha river around dawn/dusk.

A buddy had a 40+ incher give him a brake check south of Eielson a few days ago. Of course he wasn't holding this permit.

Best of luck! Let us know how you do...
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

As a reminder on Eielson Property you must also have a permission slip from Eielson or FWW and it is normally Bow hunting only however you might want to verify. Eielson to 28 mile Pit on both sides of the road are AF Lands. Check with the Gate guard on base for a Map if you so choose.

After three days and lots of walking and even more driving. I am convinced there are no moose here. So far we have not seen anything. Very few tracks or sign of any kind. We have one more day to find one then we are headed back south. Fingers are crossed for tomorrow

Not sure if anyone is still hunting this area but I just got a report there were several moose seen along the road between Delta and Fairbanks this morning. I didn't get exact locations but then again it's called hunting for a reason. However if I can get more details I will post them up. I had much rather someone shoot one of them than hit one with a car and someone get hurt.
    Steve

I'll definitely be back up there this year before the season ends. After spending almost a week up there last month and never seeing a moose I figured I'd give it some time to get some snow and push some down closer to the road.. I'm anchored to stay close to home for a few weeks because the wife is about to pop with our second kid. But after that I'm going to try and get back up there and fill the tag.