Thread: Fun in the Wooly 29'

Default Fun in the Wooly 29'

hi guys! been a awhile since my last confession!....thought it about time to post some fishing pics from this year!!..part of the prob I changed jobs last year and I use a smartphone now in which I have trouble typing etc!!..but I am on the desk top this weekend!!...I really want to thank all your boaters/fishers with the boat build and fishing tips that helped me get started a few years ago(you know who you are) and avoid some pit falls along the way!!....here are some pics to start and I will edit once I get them in!!..all fishing done just south of Alaska about 20-30 miles in Canada!! well, here goes!!...

29' Wooldridge Pilot House, Twin 200 Hp Etecs! "...Pez Gordo..."
    18' Wooldridge Sport with 200 hp sport jet. "...Little Pez..."

Nice job. I'm thinking you must be just below me across the Dixon Entrance. Nothing like killing fish.

Quote Originally Posted by 270ti View Post
    Nice job. I'm thinking you ..must be just below me across the Dixon Entrance. Nothing like killing fish.
    delete.....I made a couple of double posts!!??

oops..mistake--on smartphone! grrr

sorry about the double post!!..was on my smart phone!! oops!

Quote Originally Posted by 270ti View Post
    Nice job. I'm thinking you must be just below me across the Dixon Entrance. Nothing like killing fish.
    thanks 270!...yep, we are fishing stephens and dundas area out to the queen charlottes!...hope to get up your way when I grow a pair!!

Looks like you have spending a bit of time on the water. Nice pics.
    SWEET boat!

Any more pics of the boat? Any mods you have done to make her more user friendly?
    BK

Great pic's! Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    SWEET boat!

Any more pics of the boat? Any mods you have done to make her more user friendly?
    BK
    hi bk..havnt added a lot of amenites after the build...I have added a few things tho..one is a platform for the rod holder!...no matter what I did the holder would slide down around the rail so I had a local shop weld on a couple of platforms like the downriiger!....I am VERY happy the way it is now!!..BULLET PROOF!!

another thing that we like is the TV--folds up to the roof to get it out of the way!

I installed a backup chartplotter/depth sounder with no intenna( on the left)!...this is totally separate from the mains in case I have a network problem(knock knock)

had a holder welded on for the flag in the front, pins to hold it!....I use that flag a lot, good for checking wind in the marina!...that was a pointer from one of the guys here!!...glad I listened!!

installed a large bilge pump///welded in a small plate about 1 inch above the regular bilge!....maybe it will give me enough time to
    get off the boat if she is going down--maybe not??..LOL!...does pump ALOT of water!!..this was the install pic!...works as a backup too!

another thing I will do next year is put another triple black rod holder(like the one behind me holding the ling) and place it BEHIND the transom on the outside!...I will put in the net and the gaffs!...a net and fishing rods next to each other DO NOT MIX..lost a few fish with a spare rod fish hook tangled in the net with the wife screamimg GET THE NET>>>GET THE NET!!!

thought I would add our killer lure of the trip!.....seems it is good for multiple bite attempts giving a better chance to hook the ground fish! 12 ounce jig with whole squid slid over the lure!!.....double tail rubber "squiggly" goes on first, using needlenose pliers to feed the rubber through the squid!.....slice the head just enough to get the rubber/hook though!!....this pic shows a single rubber--we ran out of doubles--ling sometimes bite the whole thing off!!....will stock up on more this winter!! larry

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    SWEET boat!

BK
    hi again BK....here is the link to the build!! lots of pics right from the beginning!!

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...678#post886678

BC, nice haul and some GOOD eats, nice to see you using your boat.

Good to hear from you again Larry. I am glad to see you getting a lot of use out of your boat.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    Good to hear from you again Larry. I am glad to see you getting a lot of use out of your boat.
    hey hey, its the man himself!!...hi Jim!!....folks, this gentleman helped me ALOT with all my questions in the beginning!!....good to hear from you again too!.......had to stretch my wings abit but im back again!..larry