Thread: non electric pellet stoves

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default non electric pellet stoves

Installed a Wiseway pellet stove this summer into the cabin.. these things are the BOMB!

gravity feed- 700 degrees surface temp in about 10 min, super easy to maintain and operate.. no more wood cutting, stacking or worry about power going out, total weight is about 52 lbs empty..

i did install a back up propane heat that COULD be used for extended trips away from home, but honestly do not see needing one..

50 lbs pellets to the ton, 1-1.25 bags a day $295.00ton... sure beats that splitting maul!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

How big of a place are you heating with it? So if the bags are 50 lbs theres 40 to a ton and at 1.25 bags a day that would be right around 46 bags for a month of constant use, right around $335 a month. I'm guessing consumption varies on the size of the space being heated.

Ouch, thats expensive. Now you haul bags, from town to cabin with a chance of breakage.
    Must store them in a dry place too.
    Price certianly won't go down in the next 20 years on the pellets.

Neat stove but I wouldn't want one at my cabin. I prefer the free wood and exercise. Wood heats our family 3X, cutting it, splitting it, and finally burning it.

BK

Quote Originally Posted by akriverunner View Post
    How big of a place are you heating with it? So if the bags are 50 lbs theres 40 to a ton and at 1.25 bags a day that would be right around 46 bags for a month of constant use, right around $335 a month. I'm guessing consumption varies on the size of the space being heated.
    1.25 bags a day would be around 38 bags a month. $7.38 a bag or so would be closer to $280 a month.

I'm wondering what real life consumption will be after it is used this winter. Not sure I would want to haul pellets but may work for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Ouch, thats expensive. Now you haul bags, from town to cabin with a chance of breakage.
    Must store them in a dry place too.
    Price certianly won't go down in the next 20 years on the pellets.

Neat stove but I wouldn't want one at my cabin. I prefer the free wood and exercise. Wood heats our family 3X, cutting it, splitting it, and finally burning it.

BK
    well i have a 70 year old Mother living in the cabin.. and pellets are easier for her to move then firewood...and since i am headed in for my 3rd spine surgery in a few days... still a hell of a lot easier then firewood.. especially at nearly 300 a cord
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

50 bags per pallet.. at 50 lbs.. thats what they sell as a ton here..

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by AK6Pack View Post
    1.25 bags a day would be around 38 bags a month. $7.38 a bag or so would be closer to $280 a month.
    $295/50=5.90 per bag.. and house is 90 degrees all the time... in reality it could be cheaper.. but its mom.. and she just got back from AZ...

meet on face book here

That sounds better, what size place is it heating? And you're in Fairbanks right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    well i have a 70 year old Mother living in the cabin.. and pellets are easier for her to move then firewood...and since i am headed in for my 3rd spine surgery in a few days... still a hell of a lot easier then firewood.. especially at nearly 300 a cord
    Now it makes sense.
    BK

What kind of pricing on the stove Vince?

its heating a 20x24 with a full loft and 9 foot ceiling upstairs ( 12/12 roof pitch) .. the hearth and home folks that sell it heat a 2500 sq foot house no problem..

Dave they are running, 1$500-$1800 depending on sale season. right now Ak battery is selling them in the bush mailer for 1490 i think.. problem is they don't have a warranty as they are not an approved distributor here in AK.. but there is little to go wrong with them..

i really like the fact that i could easily plumb it for out side air with a 3" elbow and section of camp stove pipe.. adding a small dampener into the intake also helps regulate the heat , easier then a chimney pipe dampner.

there is also a water jacket available for hot water, we are working on a system to use it and keep moms horse tanks ice free over the winter.. but until i have a full time water supply in, it'll be in the works..

i did my home work on this one, prior to purchase. and of the 15 stove owners i contacted.. NONE had a bad thing to say on it.. I also have a regular pellet stove here in the house in No po.. we've replace augers, switch boards, and had to repair it every year.. and if the power goes out.. it does also.

this is the first and ONLY non electric pellet stove i found, and it works nice.

meet on face book here

Thanks for the info Vince.
    I'll have to look into them.
    They are cheaper than the Blaze King Princess I was looking at and the fact I can load the hopper up and not have to worry about cutting and splitting wood is a bonus.
    My landlord brings tractor trailer loads of pellets in so I can even get a deal on them.

How is the pellet stove working out for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with the priness,... I like the exercise (and NEED the exercise ) of cutting and splitting and stacking...

plus, gives me a sense of satisfation seeing the wood in the woodshed, or under tarps in the yard

Plus, no power- just no fan blowing into the house- still burns wood and heats the place

Chris

well I THINK.. it works fine... mom on the other hand is having some difficulty with NEW things and ideas.. it needs cleaning weekly.. it acts like a wood stove house is warm every time i walk in.. mom only 2.5 pallets of pellets so far this winter.. did have a weld crack and they replaced it then and there..

How is the pellet stove working out for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meet on face book here