Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit Hunting Matsu Valley

Default Rabbit Hunting Matsu Valley

Anybody know if the rabbits are turning white enough to hunt yet?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ210 View Post
    Anybody know if the rabbits are turning white enough to hunt yet?
    Haven't been out yet but I'm sure they are.
    Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

What... Is it illegal to hunt brown ones? This needs to go to small game forum.

Does sound racist
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Shot one today that was all white. Not many out there though. They are still on the bottom end of the cycle.

Back in the early '80s I owned a sporting goods store. About this time of year the hares were already white. I posted on my reader board "RABBITS ARE WHITE AND ROLAND WILL SAVE YOU GREEN ON A NEW 22 RIFLE " by golly it sure worked.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Roland on the River View Post
    Back in the early '80s I owned a sporting goods store. About this time of year the hares were already white. I posted on my reader board "RABBITS ARE WHITE AND ROLAND WILL SAVE YOU GREEN ON A NEW 22 RIFLE " by golly it sure worked.LOL
    Definitely seems its time, I recall this time last year we started getting snow and it didn't stop, which bummed me out because we never really got to get after them while they were white and the background wasn't! Really bummed the dog!

the only rabbits I've seen have been in the industrial training parking lot. No white ones. In fact, those rabbits look more multi-cultural than a college recruiting brochure.

And it was a very fine Sporting Goods store.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland on the River View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes View Post
    the only rabbits I've seen have been in the industrial training parking lot. No white ones. In fact, those rabbits look more multi-cultural than a college recruiting brochure.
    Likely pet store rabbits, which makes your "multi-cultural" comment spot on!

Up by Sutton they were still mostly grey on Sunday.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Up by Chickaloon, there were mostly non-existent on Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Shot one today that was all white. Not many out there though. They are still on the bottom end of the cycle.
    Got another one yesterday. Funny thing is, it wasn't as white as the one I shot last weekend. The place my son and I were at yesterday had a few more rabbits that last week. I think they are starting to come back now. I am seeing more of them in the same places that had none last year. Admittedly, if it wasn't for my beagle, I don't think that I would have seen any at all. She kicked them all up for me and chased them around and I never knew they were even there. Even though they had a lot of white on them, the tall grass concealed them very well. In fact I missed one because the tall grass shielded the birdshot.

Shot one Friday that was as white as white could be.
    Ryan from Wasilla

So you guys think they should be white around the Palmer Hayflats now?

Took four on the flats yesterday, some were solid white, others were still about half. Saw probably 10-12 of them.
    Ryan from Wasilla

My buddy and I shot four yesterday as well. Kicked up two and the other two my beagle ran the rabbits in about a half mile circle and brought them back to us. Shot them when they came back around. This unusually warm and wet weather is great for hunting with a beagle. All of them we shot were pure white.

I've been on the flats 3 days this week, and all the bunnies I've seen were white.

Soooooo Where exactly is this secret bunny hunting area? I've always gone up to Cantwell for rabbits (mainly to get out of town) but I don't feel like traveling that far here in the near future. I've just recently learned how people get to the flats for duck hunting (Off KGB and down some other road). I've always left anchorage/wasilla a few hours to go hunting. I do want to try and get a hunt in before the snow falls. Sadly I don't get back into town until the 6th.

Thanks,
    Beard

Quote Originally Posted by Weird Beard View Post
    Soooooo Where exactly is this secret bunny hunting area? I've always gone up to Cantwell for rabbits (mainly to get out of town) but I don't feel like traveling that far here in the near future. I've just recently learned how people get to the flats for duck hunting (Off KGB and down some other road). I've always left anchorage/wasilla a few hours to go hunting. I do want to try and get a hunt in before the snow falls. Sadly I don't get back into town until the 6th.

Thanks,
    Beard

PM me I'll take you out when you get to town, let me know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast