Thread: Not sure what mounts I need.

Default Not sure what mounts I need.

I have a Remmington model 700 left handed 30-06. I bought a Trijicon accupoint 3x9x40 scope and the weaver bases and rings are to far apart. It had a Leopold 3x9 on it before but it has longer tubes. I'm not sure what kind of bases and rings I need. I was hoping someone on here could help me out.

From what you write, I assume you have two separate ring bases and the straight part of the scope tube is too short to fit in your scope rings?

If that is it, the easiest and cheapest solution is to mount a single piece "picatinny" scope base in place of the two bases. Weaver makes them as does Warne and probably Leupold. With the tactical craze these days, finding one of these is easy.

For example:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/147...0-short-action

GD thanks for the reply. I guess I could have typed that better to make more sense. But yes what you said is what I have going on. That looks like the easiest way to go about it. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanap View Post
    GD thanks for the reply. I guess I could have typed that better to make more sense. But yes what you said is what I have going on. That looks like the easiest way to go about it. Thank you.
    Get some Talley's.

I whole heartedly second Talley's
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

Talleys won't solve his problem. GD has it figured out. His solution is correct for the problem at hand.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

I use picatinny ralis on almost all my rifles. If you have quality machined rings, it pretty much eliminates the need to lap and it adds rigidity to the action. If I need to swap out a scope for some reason, it takes about 2 min... and I can go from short to long action and vice versa.
    "You will never know how much it cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it."
    ~ John Quincy Adams