Thread: C Products Defense Magazine Issues?

Default C Products Defense Magazine Issues?

I recently purchased a few C Products Mags for my 6.5 Grendel AR. On the first use, I had several failure to feed malfunctions. When I removed the mag, I found that the rounds were not being pushed up after 10 rounds (25 round mag). I removed the rounds and found that the follower would not come up to the top of the mag.

I manually worked the follower this evening and got the follower up, but the spring tension is still very weak.

I suspect that there is some sort of obstruction trapping the spring inside the mag, but I can't figure out how to remove the bottom plate. Any ideas? Has anyone had similar issues with these mags?

Thanks

I would call them. It's been a bit since I have checked into them but the new owners of the company were doing a good job of taking care of customer issues.

Iíve never seen this brand but there should be a hole and a detent dent in the back of the bottom plate, the detent is what keeps the bottom on. Put a pry between the body of the mag and plate at that end and pry up so the dent will clear the body to slide out toward the back. Be sure to capture the spring so it donít take your eye out. The bottoms sometimes bend and need banged back flat before re-assembly, I use a soft lead hammer on a wood block for that.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I would call them. It's been a bit since I have checked into them but the new owners of the company were doing a good job of taking care of customer issues.
    Thank you. I purchased these from Midway (I was very glad to find them!), but I'll call direct. Good to hear the positive report.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Iíve never seen this brand but there should be a hole and a detent dent in the back of the bottom plate, the detent is what keeps the bottom on. Put a pry between the body of the mag and plate at that end and pry up so the dent will clear the body to slide out toward the back. Be sure to capture the spring so it donít take your eye out. The bottoms sometimes bend and need banged back flat before re-assembly, I use a soft lead hammer on a wood block for that.
    Thanks. These are not like my other mags. There is a detent and a tab but both are solid and would require bending to remove the plate. I will go there if necessary. I found some replacement springs available, so all is not lost.

Quote Originally Posted by efrench View Post
    Thanks. These are not like my other mags. There is a detent and a tab but both are solid and would require bending to remove the plate. I will go there if necessary. I found some replacement springs available, so all is not lost.
    They sound like a normal stamped mag to me just made of stainless. To be sure thatís how they come off I just Googled a bit and find it is, sometimes you got to crack some eggs to bake a cake.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=564
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

That is an AWESOME read. Thank you ADfields.

Are they C Products (old company that shut down but their tooling is used to make mags currently sold under the AR Stoner brand through Midway) or C Products Defense (CPD). CPD has all new tooling and makes a much superior mag. Depending on when you got your mags it may be possible that you have the old C Products magazines and they don't really have any factory support at this time. If its the new CPD stuff I would call them, they seem dedicated to remaking their image.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Are they C Products (old company that shut down but their tooling is used to make mags currently sold under the AR Stoner brand through Midway) or C Products Defense (CPD). CPD has all new tooling and makes a much superior mag. Depending on when you got your mags it may be possible that you have the old C Products magazines and they don't really have any factory support at this time. If its the new CPD stuff I would call them, they seem dedicated to remaking their image.
    Definitely CPD but I received them from Midway a short time ago. I will make the call. Thanks for your suggestion.