Thread: Late Season Fairbanks Food for Thought Grayling

Default Late Season Fairbanks Food for Thought Grayling

So if there are any true Grayling Junkies that wish to have some fund thanks to some really nice weather Grayling can be had this weekend.

As with all seasonal aspects of fishing Grayling migrate up and down the river system just like in the Spring however vise versa.

With temps in the Mid to High 40's this weekend and sunny fishing on the Chena, and or Delta Clear Water could be excellent to exceptional if you are willing to Test the Waters.

Late season Stones as well as Midges are still out on the Chena and although the Silvers are dying off on the Delta Clear Water there are still hatches going on mid day to include some May Flies.

Also the local lakes have turned and fish are still cruising the shore lines in less than 5 ft of water.

That brings me to another subject; What a time to venture out for some Late Season Laker fishing for those willing to venture to Summit, Paxson, Fielding etc...... Just might be worth the trip.

I caught a couple last weekend! There is something I love about having ice on my rod while fishing (I guess it makes me feel tuff). I might have to try up the chena Saturday

There are still fish all over the place way up the Chena and some good fishing to be had (the fly of the day today was a dry - parachute ant), but the water is cold​.
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

Thanks for sharing all. Heck I had fresh Sprouts in the Garden this week from seeded out stuff. Love it.

I wish I had more time this October to chase the AG. Last year with my youngest in HS and volleyball has ruled over most of my angling pursuits. Next year for sure! Good to read about others still able to get their fix.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com