Thread: wifes turn!

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default wifes turn!

I been takin the inlaws out hunting deer, ducks, geese and fishing halibut, silvers, and kings, today I took the wife out and launched her in a bay while we trolled. We tracked her down several hours later and she is a happy paddler!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Nice! Put a rod holder on that Kayak and you better watch out! You may come back to more fish than on the powerboat! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    Nice! Put a rod holder on that Kayak and you better watch out! You may come back to more fish than on the powerboat! lol.
    in your option what kayak is best for fishing, ie trolling and ocean going?
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Default wifes turn!

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    in your option what kayak is best for fishing, ie trolling and ocean going?
    I use sit on tops. There is no question in my mind that the Hobie kayaks are the best all around for what you said.

Then it's a matter of length and width. The center of the spectrum and therefore most popular tend to be the revo 13 and outback (12ft). But if you are ferrying it around on a boat, you might consider a sport at 9ft. For the advanced big ocean long distance kayak, the 16ft adventure is the way to go!!!

I guess it's like asking what's the best fishing boat or rod? It depends. But I feel good about telling you it pretty much has to be a hobie if you have the budget for fishing...triple true if trolling is a primary tactic.

The hobie I use is the outback. I also have a 9 ft paddle mini x. Great for small rivers. I have a few fishing videos if you get bored. Lol.

Http://www.youtube.com/guidesak

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
    Guidesak.blogspot.com
    My personal pages...I'm not a guide.

We want a couple of mirages! waiting for a quote from Hobie NW

Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    I use sit on tops. There is no question in my mind that the Hobie kayaks are the best all around for what you said.

Then it's a matter of length and width. The center of the spectrum and therefore most popular tend to be the revo 13 and outback (12ft). But if you are ferrying it around on a boat, you might consider a sport at 9ft. For the advanced big ocean long distance kayak, the 16ft adventure is the way to go!!!

I guess it's like asking what's the best fishing boat or rod? It depends. But I feel good about telling you it pretty much has to be a hobie if you have the budget for fishing...triple true if trolling is a primary tactic.

The hobie I use is the outback. I also have a 9 ft paddle mini x. Great for small rivers. I have a few fishing videos if you get bored. Lol.

Http://www.youtube.com/guidesak

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
    Guidesak.blogspot.com
    www.kodiakcombos.com

I don't think you can go wrong. I have two outbacks. I'm eyeing up an Adventure Island or a Tandem island next. I have to admit I am taking a good hard look at the sport and inflatable series for ease of transport.

My only warning...be prepared to be addicted!!!!!

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
    Guidesak.blogspot.com

A great resource is http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/

It's important to get regional information as well as most of the Kayak angling writeups focus on warmer clients. very different here in Alaska obviously. A really great crowd.

We have a couple of Liquid Logic Coupes for sale. Brand New with warranty for 550.00 each. This boat is unique in that it can run easy white water and it has a drop down skeg for tracking on flat water. they are fully outfitted with delux seat and thigh straps. Give me a call if interested 495-1505.

James