Thread: Falls Creek Trailhead

Default Falls Creek Trailhead

Need some help locating the Falls Creek trailhead. The one on the Kenai, just north of ptarmigan creek trail, not the fall's creek on turnagain arm.

I have hiked ptarmigan creek trail many times and I know there is a Y in the trail just before the lake that I think jumps over to the falls creek drainage.

Any info on this area greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

Default Falls Creek, Kenai

Is this what you want:

Trail River National Forest Campground (Mile 24.2)—$6 campsites and access to the shores of Kenai Lake. East of the road, the Falls Creek Trail (3.2 miles, 1,000' gain) climbs into a steep valley past mining claims. It is officially 3.2 miles, but the valley continues to climb fairly gently at trail’s end and it’s tempting to keep going. About 9 miles in from the highway, it reaches a high saddle, 4,000-foot peaks, and glacier access. Conditions may be difficult. RT—half–all day (or more).
    Ptarmigan Creek Trailhead and Campground (Mile 23.1)—There’s a 16-site campground east of the road here. Sites are $6. The Ptarmigan Creek Trail (9 miles, 200' gain) reaches Ptarmigan Lake in 4 miles, then follows the narrow lake’s northern shore. RT—half–all day.