Thread: Anyone use Slogan Outdoor Slings & can give a report?

Default Anyone use Slogan Outdoor Slings & can give a report?

Hey Gents,
    Looking for a rifle sling that won't slide off my shoulder while wearing a full-size internal frame pack; still-hunting in steep mountain terrain.

Last year I used a nylon one with a wide suede backing & it about drove me nuts. I even took some hardware & made a catch so it wouldn't slide off. It made it a better, but did not really resolve the problem. I like both my hands free when in brushy steep country.

I've heard very good reports on the Slogan Outdoor Ultraflex Sling. Have you used it & what do you think? Is there anything out there that can compete with this for the situation described?

I use a home made light weight sling and use the Kifaru Gun Bearer. It keeps my rifle close at hand and this way I can have it ready to fire within seconds.

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I have recently added the kifaru gun bearer to my pack and have loved it ever since. Makes the alders better and gives you a hands free walk with easy access to your rifle. Takes a little getting used to having a barrel so close to your face and in your view but you quickly forget about it

I have two Slogan slings and they stay on your shoulder (one reason I have them) and the design allows you to quickly pull part of the sling over your head to use both your hands in climbing. That said, I use the Kifaru rifle bearer too! The slings are heavier than many slings. Stid's system has merit if you're counting ounces.

+1 on the Gun Bearer!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Try as I might, I find it so distracting the way the "gun bearer" holds a rifle. Just can't get used to it.

I own several slogan sling and find them very reliable light weight and durable. I have tried numerous slings over the years and they are by far the most versatile and do not slip. I would recommend them to anyone.