Thread: Family member lost last week

Default Family member lost last week

About a week ago I lost the most amazing hunting companion I have ever had to a vehicle accident on the way home from the duck blind. He passed away right in my arms. Grizz was not only an excellent companion when hunting, but a big part of my family. He was truly the pick of the litter. I got him from a breeder in NC when I got back from my last deployment to Afghanistan, and drove him home to Alaska when I got out of the military in 2010. I know he can never be fully replaced, but my family and I agree that we need another blockheaded male chocolate lab to fill the void. We are looking for a lab that can go hunt in the morning, play with the kids in the afternoon, and lay in front of the fireplace at night just like Grizz did not long ago. I am wondering if anyone knows of any litters planned in the future and if you have any suggestions for a breeder that would be well suited for us? It seems that there isn't a breeder in the state that updates thier websites, and I'm reluctant to purchase a dog out of state before seeing it in person and having it shipped up. I was looking at Winterglen Labs since they speacialize in chocolates but cant find much info on them. Does anyone know anything about them? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Attached is a picture of Grizz and I in the back yard 2 days before he passed.
    Thanks,
    Josh

untitled.bmp

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in the fact that he was able to spend his last day in the blind. Again, I'm sorry.

A truly handsome companion. Sorry for your loss, and I hope you quickly find his replacement quickly. Surely he was a good friend.

Steve McVeigh has a few litters a year and has had chocolates. Give him a call 841 8783 and see if he has a choco litter planned.

Like all lab litters, I'd make sure that the parents have hip, elbow, cerf (that's an eye exam), eic clearances. You can enter mom and/or dad's AKC number or registered name at offa.org and see what clearances the dog has. I believe Steve has the clearances on his dogs.