Thread: New Pannel for an old C-180

Default New Pannel for an old C-180

I have a 56 C-180 and have the plane where I want it mechanically. I have a Garman795 and I want to rebuild the old panel. I know that Merrill Field Instruments and Northern Lights Avionics do this kind of thing, but I was wondering who else might be out there that could clean up all of the old wiring and build a new panel?

Try Scott down in kenai, I think his company is called peninsula aero or something like that. Amazing work at a very reasonable price. Give him a call, be warned, he's good and books up. But I think you would be very happy with the final product!

Any mechanic with the tools and desire can build a panel. Ask a few. PM me if you want to see pics of mine from a couple of years ago. I embedded my Aera 500 in a Gizmo dock. Kinda wish I'd made room for a 795. Next time.

I just put 78A back together after this year’s annual and after doing my least favorite job, putting the gear box / rudder pedal covers back in place with a real long Phillips head screwdriver. I looked up and saw a jungle up there, lots of wires to nowhere. Everything works but it is an old disorganized situation. The airplane is in a hangar all winter so the ideal situation would have someone come to my place and I would help out with the grunt work, owner assisted, I like to be involved with all work done on the airplane, I think that if you do that you are safer in the air.