Thread: Second DEGREE of KINDRED question about age.....??????????

Default Second DEGREE of KINDRED question about age.....??????????

So can a NON-Resident Hunter HUNT Brown Bear, Dall Sheep, Mt. Goat if accompanied by their First or Second degree kindred relation if that said Alaskan Resident relation is any age.....??? Like 2 y/o or 6 y/o or "14 MONTHS old"...........???

Page 11.....
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Thank You, So they have to be at least 19 y/o, but they do not have to know anything about being outdoors. They could have lived their whole life in NYC, moved to Los Anchorage for 366 days, and never left downtown, never fired a firearm. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Page 11.....

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Thank You, So they have to be at least 19 y/o, but they do not have to know anything about being outdoors.
    So that's where this is going. Super-duper buddy.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

I edited post #3.
    But yes, I just wonder why Guides have to bother taking a test and have some field experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    So that's where this is going. Super-duper buddy.

Because guides are charging a significant fee to provide a level of knowledge/expertise to a customer. The 2nd degree of kindred is not.

The law is only there to benefit the outfitters. The law forces the majority of the nonresidents to hire a guide. How would you like it if all the lower 48 states restricted all nonresidents to this same law.

Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter View Post
    Because guides are charging a significant fee
    Well, that much is assured anyway.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

You can also live in Alaska for 30 yrs, never setting foot in the wilderness, leaving the city, firing a gun, go fishing etc.... AND still be able to get a brown bear tag to hunt.

Maybe everyone (including seasoned hunters) should have an annual test.

..Because there isn't already enough bureaucracy involved with outdoor pursuits lately.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter173 View Post
    The law is only there to benefit the outfitters. The law forces the majority of the nonresidents to hire a guide. How would you like it if all the lower 48 states restricted all nonresidents to this same law.
    I'm fine with that.
    I am an Alaskan who intends to remain so. I do not hunt out of state and have no real desire to do so.
    As far as I'm concerned if a non resident wants to hunt the big three they can hire a guide or stay home. I really could care less either way.
    That's just my $.02
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"