Thread: Old Harbor trolling!

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default Old Harbor trolling!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381540855.386609.jpg

We set out for kings and the first 2 fish were halibut. One snapped the leader but it was way to heavy for a salmon. The next 3 hits were kings but one just became unbuttoned.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

You ever have anything that just takes your hoochie/herring and cuts the line?...like a strike that pulls it off the downrigger and then there's nothing there?? I had that happen this summer (trolling ~10ft off the bottom), wondering if that might have been a bigger halibut...

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No View Post
    You ever have anything that just takes your hoochie/herring and cuts the line?...like a strike that pulls it off the downrigger and then there's nothing there?? I had that happen this summer (trolling ~10ft off the bottom), wondering if that might have been a bigger halibut...
    Soon the salmon sharks and halibut will move in along with the kings, we usually hookup with kings and halibut then we will get a hit and pull up a leader with curly ends and no hooks.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Man your charter outfit catches fish year round! Nice ones too!!! What a way better business model than most AK charter outfits. I have been to Kodiak many times (being an Alaskan) but never realized you guys have it made for year round action.

Sobie2