Thread: Waders for stream crossings.

Default Waders for stream crossings.

For the last couple of years I've been using Stearns Lightweight utility stocking foot hip waders on my hunts for quick over the boot stream crossings. They are light weight, compact, dry and have averaged two years before they get holes. I bought 5 pair 4 years ago for $6 each and since I gave 2 pair to my brother I'm down to my last pair. They don't seem to make them anymore so I've been searching for a replacement. I found these tonight. http://www.hodgman.com/Hodgman%C2%AE...waders&start=5 Will most likely order a pair and check them out.

Over the years I have pretty much tried everything with varying degrees of success. I finally settled on wearing water proof pants (Gortex or other will work) with waterproof boots. When I have a stream to cross I tightly wrap a 1/4" piece of bungee cord around the pants leg where it goes over the boot - usually 3 or 4 turns works. I can cross water up to midthigh and not get wet. I then pop the slip knot in the bungee cord and go my merry way.
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

A more expensive option, but I wear barneys glacier socks inside standard hiking boots. Either inside or outside of my pants depending on situation. You can roll them down and tuck them under your pants when you dont need them. I've used the same pair for about 4 years and they are still going strong.

I typically do alot of wading where I hunt so it pays to have them on all the time, rather than waste time taking them off and back on again all the time.