Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insteresting arcticle

Default Insteresting arcticle

Hope their side of the story bears up under question. If not this is bad PR for boats.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...OckQiShA.email

Why would you blame the boat? The boat was not driving the bow hunters!!

Don't belive everything you read. No laws were broken, just a overly agressive brown shirt who didn't check all the facts before issue of ticket and taking boat, bows and meat. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    Don't belive everything you read. No laws were broken, just a overly agressive brown shirt who didn't check all the facts before issue of ticket and taking boat, bows and meat. Bud
    Doesn't sound like the 5 minutes of video leaves a lot of doubt...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Really? How about harassment of wildlife and shooting from a motor vehicle? They admitted to both by the way

sent from my igloo

I know trooper valentine. I've had many a run in with him on the rivers and in the field. Great guy, always honest and very fair. And on point. It sounds like the men tried to do the right thing, but from a distance to someone who may be on a vindictive note because he may have been stalking that moose when all hell broke loose, it's hard to say what really happened. The witness is obviously a poor judge of ranging. 150 yards? You couldn't come close to hitting a moose at that range, especially launching. And he could hear the sound of the arrows striking the weeds. I think the witness needs to be re interviewed and his sobriety at the time questioned. I'm sure they broke at least the shooting from a vehicle law. No question about that. But there are a lot of skewed facts so far.

Release Lake Trout

Tons of info in the article seems very dubious. Innocent until proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricfan View Post
    Tons of info in the article seems very dubious. Innocent until proven guilty.
    PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty. IF they are guilty of this, they are guilty from the start, it just hasn't been proven in the court of law yet.

I Hate To Say It But There Is A Lot Of Lip Service Going On And Blame. It Sounds Like Some One Is Jealous Because Some One Got A Moose And Some One Didn't, But Your Judging Before It Goes To Court. But You Know We Are Fitting Over The Last Moose If You Don't See That Thanks To Alaska Dept Of Fish And Game. You Know When I First Got Here In 79 I Could Go Down To The Rivers Here In Fairbanks And Was Aloud Two Kings A Day And Know Your Lucky If You Can Catch One But Then Have To Let It Go, Is That What You Call Wildlife Management For Sustained Use. That And They Have The Spike Fork Fifty And The Antlerless Hunts . We Use To Have Moose In Abundance In 20A And Know That Were Killing The Breeder Bull And Cows There Like The Salmon You Have Little Jacks That Are Doing Breeding Instead Of Big Kings . Same Goes With The Spike Fork 50 You Kill Off The Big Breeder Bull Now You Got The Runts Out There Breeding What's Left Of The Cows . So The Way I Look At It Start Beating Up On The Guy That Is Trying To Feed His Family And You Our Just Reading One Side Of The Story, I Wasn't There And You Were Not There. That's Like I Read How All Airboater Are Drunks, I Like My Coffee Could Not Tell You The Last Time I Had Any Alcohol Other Then Cough Medicine .

Here's the report. Scroll down a little bit. http://dps.alaska.gov/pio/dispatch/T...3.20131009.txt

Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    Here's the report. Scroll down a little bit. http://dps.alaska.gov/pio/dispatch/T...3.20131009.txt
    The report admits NO guilt and they did NOT admit to both charges as you stated in your earlier post.
    Quit making **** up Cowboy!
    BK

There are lots of outlaws out there. If they do it in an air boat they make a lot of noise and leave a lot of tracks in the grass. Typing in all caps doesn't stop people from thinking the air boat community is belligerent. I personally believe in making the individuals accountable. But I'm in the minority in this world. Ask the buggy guys how a group of belligerents cast a pall over the whole group.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

JKB - Skip always types in caps. So relax.

My intent was not to stir the pot. It was to make people aware that perception is everything in this day and age of instant media. If they are not guilty most of the people that read the initial article will never know. So first impression's will be based off the one article. As hunters our right to hunt is now considered a priviledge (ref: AK hunters ed book). Most people do not hunt. Their vote counts. We all need to be aware of outside perceptions and gear our behavior to that which will keep our rights intact.

This ain't a question of air boat, boat, plane, buggy, wheeler, gun, muzzleloader, trad bow, wheel bow partisan groups.

Guilty or not of law breaking, they were foolish and apparently violated fair chase ethics. Sport hunting is based on the premise of fair chase and usage of the animal. We would all do well to remember that.

Regards,

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by needcoffee View Post
    Guilty or not of law breaking, they were foolish and apparently violated fair chase ethics. Sport hunting is based on the premise of fair chase and usage of the animal. We would all do well to remember that.

Regards,

Jeff
    Jeff,
    Let the courts decide if they were guilty or not. Although I fully agree with the rest of your statements above.
    Remember, the ADN and dispatch are ONE side of the story, lets hear the outcome before we make a decision.
    Afterall, do YOU believe everything that is posted in these papers?
    It's ridiculous journalism, one sided, and now we have a "moose assasin" on the loose if you believe everything you read in the Alaska Dispatch article. Heck, he's even capable of driving an airboat and flinging arrows 150 yards at the same time, WOW!

BK

No different than you hauling a.... Down dirt road and jumping out of the truck getting in the ditch and shooting a moose.... Case dismissed and any half a... Lawyer can beat this case.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    The report admits NO guilt and they did NOT admit to both charges as you stated in your earlier post.Quit making **** up Cowboy!BK
    The troopers went to talk to ******, a Palmer resident, and found the Critter Gitter and the black truck in his driveway. ****said he believed he and **** hit the moose with their first shots, that it was limping and then swimming as they chased it in the airboat and put a total of four arrows in the animal, the affidavit says.

Really? How about harassment of wildlife and shooting from a motor vehicle? They admitted to both by the way

sent from my igloo
    Cowboy,
    You really don't have a clue about this..... One of them admitted to shooting a moose, thats all. Nothing wrong with that. They did not harass or shoot a moose from the boat.

BK

If it was a 4 wheeler, would it have been ok to chase a moose thru the tundra and stop the machine to shoot at it like it was a wolf? Would that be considered "repositioning"? If so, I believe it would not be legal for moose.

I'm not judging the legality of the situation, but the actions they took, I judge to be pretty lame. So to me they are guilty until proven innocent of hunting slobbery, maybe even legal hunting slobbery. And they certainly have already given airboaters a bad name, whether they deserve it or no.

Uhmmmm, could you repeat that? I'm not sure I heard you right!

The troopers went to talk to ******, a Palmer resident, and found the Critter Gitter and the black truck in his driveway. ****said he believed he and **** hit the moose with their first shots, that it was limping and then swimming as they chased it in the airboat and put a total of four arrows in the animal, the affidavit says.
    Just the name of the boat should count for hunting slobbery.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast