Thread: Help needed to locate man in Cook inlet area.

Default Help needed to locate man in Cook inlet area.

http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/10_Tr...ssing_Son.html

The search was apparently called off a couple of days ago. The family and friends are asking for help from anyone who can fly in the area.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

I flew the beach line north from Seldovia to the forelands on Friday and about half mile off shore going back the other way... That water moves right along... Chances are very slim...
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    I flew the beach line north from Seldovia to the forelands on Friday and about half mile off shore going back the other way... That water moves right along... Chances are very slim...
    Thanks for the report, I know there's not much hope at this point, but we're still trying. I'm going up with my boss to look in a bit.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

I am still looking for an old friend who disappeared into Cook Inlet after his C-206 blew an engine. He apparently slid across an ice-flow and the plane was later found without him in it... If he had been a couple hundred feet higher he made have made it to shore.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

It's a very unforgiving body of water. I just flew along the north side of the inlet as far at the Susitna outlet, no luck.