Thread: Any silvers in Whitter

Default Any silvers in Whitter

Don't the silvers show up in Whitter around this time, look at heading over there to give it a try

I went on Friday 10/4 and did not see any in the harbor, at salmon run, or at the head of the canal.
    maybe they were there, but I sure did not see them .......

Is there a second run of silvers that push into the canal? Learn something new everyday

Our hatchery fish used to be from a late running brood stock. It was nice because it offered a late season run with relatively little pressure before they showed up in town. Several years ago, they began using earlier running fish (I think Eyak River). There were a few around last month, but it hasn't been very good ever since, despite a much improved stocking program.

I was out there last weekend and my uncle thought we would find some. We didn't actually drop the riggers for them, but I didn't see any jumping around - not that we travelled that far though.

If someone tries and is successful please post up, I would love an excuse to go try and get one more silver.

There might be some feeder kings around. I know people have caught them before.. look for bait balls and troll around.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson