Thread: New Emson Pressure Smoker...now what?

Default New Emson Pressure Smoker...now what?

I've been thinking about getting a pressure smoker for awhile now and last night I broke down and bought my wife a 7 qt Emson for our anniversary next week. This may go over like the chain saw I bought her for her birthday many years ago...you can guess on that one. I'm looking for some good recipes that I can throw on the table to make it worthwhile. Any thoughts or suggestions??
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Well, no responses and no problem. It arrived today, I set it up to smoke/cook some pork chops for myself and 3 others and I'm getting no power to the control panel at all and it doesn't work at all obviously. I'll call the trouble line tomorrow but I think it's going back. I fried the pork chops in the cast iron and they were wonderful.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

I finally got the replacement smoker/pressure cooker back today and just happened to have a nice brisket in the freezer. I thawed it out and smoked with apple chips and made a Texas dry rub and cooked for 50 minutes. I was very surprised how juicy and tender and the amount of smoke flavor it got in less than an hour. I'm very impressed so far and I'm grinding left overs for lunch tacos tomorrow...should be wonderful!!

Any good receipts out there for the Emson??

After a few dozen things out of the device...I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get most anything smoked quickly and the food cooked just as fast. I did a chuck roast last night with apple wood and tonight smoked egg plant with cheese and tomato sauce on top...good stuff by any standard. Only caution is it is easy to "over smoke" so be careful with how much wood chips you put in the machine.

Sounds like money well spent.
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY