Thread: KKM Barrels ?

Default KKM Barrels ?

Any one shoot a kkm in a Glock 20. Or have anything to say good or bad about them.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.--Benjamin Franklin

I have heard and read nothing but good things about the KKM barrels. I just received a drop-in .40 S&W conversion barrel for my G20 but haven't got a chance to shoot it yet. I had it less than a week after I ordered it. Nice machine work.

I have one I just bought for my G20 (6")

So far, it has 30 berrys plated bullets through it. They are all over the darn place-7" at 25 yards. However, it is a new gun, with new sights, and random guess mid level handloads.... I just loaded 30 rounds with a mid load of Win 231.

I cannot blame the barrel at all yet, since I cannot experiment with other loads or factory ammo till components or ammo start showing up in my neck of the woods.

Visually, the KKM barrel appears very well machined, with a super smooth bore. Once I get more components or factory ammo, I'll update, but that might be awhile.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have a 6" on my 20 and 21 and they both shoot better than the Glock barrel by half. Highly recommend!!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

I have several for my G20's, two for the G27 and one for my G29. I have only had one issue, when I received one of my 10mm barrels from KKM it wouldn't lock closed with buffalo bore ammo. I tried a few other brands of ammo and same deal. I sent it back and they fixed it and were even nice about it. That is the only negative out of 7 barrels that I have (all of them are also threaded without issue). I have put several thousand rounds through my KKM 10mm barrels and quite a few thousand through my 40 conversions. They outlast and out perform the 4 lone wolf barrels I currently have. With out a doubt I will make my next glock barrel a KKM. Hope that helps.

I can shoot 50 yards with my g20 6" kkm bbl in a long slide, even before that with standard slide, witnesses every time, I could shoot 50 yards, pepper an 8" shoot n see! This summer, took me a few shots, don't shoot that far often anymore or shoot the 10mm for that matter much any more, but hit just off to the right of bullseye and a tad high.

I have killed bears with mine, finish shot on another, finish shot on a moose, caribou knocked down with the 10mm too. The KKM bbl will clean up super easy, I shoot DT 230gr hardcast loads that are gas checked. Wipes clean very quickly and easily. Love the bbl, the owner of KKM, Kevin was a cool guy to talk to also. Great product is all I can say!!

just got my stock length on this week for my 20. Finished off a doe today with it and a 230 DT. Seemed fine and those DT's did a number on her neck. Punched a big hole. So much blood almost sunk my kayak bringing her out of the swamp. lol

I do not have KKM barrels bit I do have Lone Wolf and Storm Lake barrels for our G20's. One of the things that you need to watch for if you reload is that the after market barrels are a LOT tighter then the stock barrels. Being that I shoot a fair amount of cast bullets, I use the after markets barrels and so far have been happy with them. If you only shoot factory ammo, this will not be an issue and it could be an expense that is not needed.
    The after market barrels that we have tend to group a lot better, at least for me.

HAVE A KKM ON THE GLOCK 29,fire dragon in 40 for the 29,lone wolf ported on the glock 20. saw and read alot of kabooms in glock,mostly from a mix of accurate arms #5 powder and lead bullets.seems there was something about un supported barrel problems on glock barrels,also there sloppy shooters,bullet slingers. groups tighten up with after market barrels,all the glocks have been replaced,including model 21.
    no need to go cheap on a barrel and have regrets later.

I have a 6" kkm for my glock20 and have a hell of time with jams on the second shot. Have tried many different return spring weights with the same result. Have went back to stock barrel which feeds fine. This happens only with reloads as standard box rounds cycle fine. Its very weird I've even tried lube which didn't help much at all. Kkm does group better than stock through when it does feed

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

a dremel tool,polish,and felt cloth have improved the function of bullets going threw glocks,with whatever barrel is in the glock. polish the inside if the barrel,ramp,that improves the function of bullets passing thru the gun,and as always use your judgement as to how long the barrel gets polished,ramp especially. i stop when i can see a smoothness,sheen in the part being polished.
    often polish parts during use or after cleaning firearm as to improve it's functioning.
    as to recoil springs,figuring out what is best is determined by bullet choice,and performance level of loads.
    blue dot powder and 10mm rolling your own are a good choice in the 10mm,seems to work out well in my experience. 2 guns that seem to work is the 10mm handgun, and a smith 41 magnum.
    won't hold grudge as to a 44 cal,they all do well when needed.
    BFR makes a truly fine firearm.

Here is my thread with pics and impressions of stock length KKM I'm my G20...

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...lock-20-(10mm)